The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Problem Selecting/Editing CSS.

Selvester
    Selvester
    Forumember

Female Posts : 255
    Language : English, French (little bit)

Problem Selecting/Editing CSS. Empty Problem Selecting/Editing CSS.

Post by Selvester 20/1/2014, 01:43

Hello. So I have noticed over the last few days that I have had a bit of problem when it comes to wanting to edit my CSS... 

For example lets say I wanted to change a url of the background or something. I go to select it and it will highlight like normal but if I press the backspace button it does not delete the selected content as I desire but rather it goes back a page in the history. If I press delete instead of backspace it simply does nothing. If I simply just try and click the box of the CSS to add a line, or edit a line, or really do anything... Well the cursor just doesn't appear. In fact the only way I seem able to get the cursor into the box is by clicking at the very top and the very beginning of the first line. The cursor will then come up usually around line 37 or 38. And if I want to change anything I have to use the arrow keys to scroll through the code because if I click out of the box I would have to go through the same process to get back in and it will take me back to line 37 or 38... 

This may not be as big of a deal when a forum doesn't have a lot of CSS however I am usually dealing with 300+ lines of CSS so this gets a bit troublesome... I also find that when trying to paste something in to the box there is a 50/50 chance that it will either paste like normal, or instead put it at the top of the sheet. Which if it is a new section of code might not be a problem but if I am only trying to change a link or maybe a line or two in a certain part... again its bothersome...

Anyway after looking though the forum a little bit... it doesn't appear that anyone else is experiencing this problem and its just me... After some further investigation I have found that the problem only seems to be present in Google chrome right now and it works fine in FireFox. So I can edit from there if I have to but honestly I am not a fan of FireFox so the sooner this is fixed in Chrome the better...

And before it is suggested I have already tried clearing my browser history, cookies, and cache. It seemed fixed for about a total of five seconds but now its back to not working... I am experiencing this problem with every forum I am an administrator on. The version I use is PhpBB3 however on my test forum I did switch versions just to check and the problem is there for all of them...

Anyway sorry for the terribly long post but I wanted to make sure everything was understood and I would hope that now it is. I am not entirely sure how much help people can be but I wanted to present my problem anyway with the hopes that someone will have some suggestion and to let anyone else experiencing similar problems know that they are not alone. Though it currently seems to be just me... But any help will be appreciated and accepted. Thank you.  Smile
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Problem Selecting/Editing CSS. Empty Re: Problem Selecting/Editing CSS.

Post by SLGray 20/1/2014, 01:47

If you have an ad blocker turn it off and see if you can edit the CSS.

Problem Selecting/Editing CSS. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Selvester
    Selvester
    Forumember

Post by Selvester 20/1/2014, 02:10

The only blocker I appear to have is a popup blocker which since CSS isn't a popup I don't imagine that would cause the problem... I tried deactivating it anyway but still no change. The only difference I have noticed is that I no longer have to select at the very top of the CSS to get the cursor anywhere I can just click in the box, HOWEVER, the cursor still appears some 30+ lines away from where it should be. I don't actually think the popup blocker had anything to do with that however because this change has stuck when I reactivated it. Honestly it seems to work now it just doesn't seem to be properly aligned I guess...?
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8711
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri 20/1/2014, 02:15

I'm having a similar issue editing my templates. https://help.forumotion.com/t129884-can-t-edit-templates-due-to-issues
    Selvester
    Selvester
    Forumember

Post by Selvester 20/1/2014, 02:23

Yes reading that it sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. And I have to say it is a slight relief to hear that I am not the only one having an issue.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922
    Language : English

Post by Jophy 20/1/2014, 20:41

Hello,

Our pro admin has created an only topic for this problem, please refer to this thread:
    https://help.forumotion.com/t129899-676-i-don-t-manage-to-edit-css-templates-with-chrome

Please report your problem there. Thanks.

Current date/time is 23/9/2024, 02:16