Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration.

Poll

Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration.

[ 1 ]
    Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Bar_left50%Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Bar_left50%Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed

Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Empty Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration.

Post by Guest February 16th 2014, 7:29 pm

Hi,

I'm creating a new site. Sorry I won't be sharing the link to it. I know I can ban certain email adresses using the asterix (ie: *@gmail.com or "*4934@hotmail.com" for instance), but what about having users from a certain domain registered only (!) and leaving no one else to be able to sign up? (ie.: *.whatever.com being able to sign up only!). For security sake, this would be a great feature to be added to the FM ACP on all board versions instead of manually add all existing domains to be banned!

Regards,

Samantha
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51548
    Language : English

Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Empty Re: Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration.

Post by SLGray February 16th 2014, 7:51 pm

I would not want this feature, because you are also banning potential members that you want.  I would never what something that would limit my members.  If you are so worry about the wrong kind of members then have registration where you have to approve the accounts.

Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Empty Re: Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration.

Post by Guest February 16th 2014, 7:55 pm

SLGray, by approving members by hand, I can never confirm their email addresses. I wouldn't want that as an admin. And, yes, I want to restrict access, that's the whole meaning of it.

Think of it. Semi-intranet features, signing up by filling out external forms and creating email addresses first to confirm, etc. There's a whole lot of potential as far as I'm concerned.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51548

Post by SLGray February 16th 2014, 7:58 pm

You can check the email in the account in the administration panel before activating it.

Accept only a certain domain (email) upon registration. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Post by Guest February 16th 2014, 7:59 pm

Check what? If someone just activated one? Google just doesn't always provide me with all the answers confirming someone's true or has a certain background.

I think for security sake, it'll be the best feature implemented ever.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy May 15th 2014, 8:30 am

Suggestion clean up