The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Severe issues between my forum and another forum

eviex

Female Posts : 1
    Language : English

Solved Severe issues between my forum and another forum

Post by eviex April 15th 2014, 10:40 pm

First things first, I hope this belongs here. I wasn't really sure where to put it. If it's the wrong section, I do apologize.

So basically, I am an admin (not the founder) on a forum. There is another forum similar to ours that has been harassing us for months (sending fake abuses, having their members create accounts on our forum to cause trouble, spreading rumors that we hack members, the list goes on).

The fake abuses include quite a bit of swearing and the use of derogatory terms.

Is there anything we can do to put a stop to this? We've been banning accounts and IPs as we notice them, but these troublemakers just come back by using fake IPs and proxies. It seems like nothing we do helps the situation at all, and as you can imagine, we're sick of it and want to put a stop to it now. It's gone on for far too long.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by eviex on April 16th 2014, 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Solved Re: Severe issues between my forum and another forum

Post by SLGray April 16th 2014, 3:05 am

Sorry, but Forumotion would only get involved if the two forums are breaking the Terms of Service.  

I would try not to interact with these members at all, just continue deleting their accounts and banning them. Also you could have it where new accounts have to be activated by an administrator.

Severe issues between my forum and another forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Solved Re: Severe issues between my forum and another forum

Post by Jophy April 16th 2014, 2:47 pm

Since this topic was marked solved, I'll lock this.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 10:34 pm