Report Post - Disappears from List Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Report Post - Disappears from List

Guardian-Angel
    Guardian-Angel
    Forumember

Language : English

In progress Report Post - Disappears from List

Post by Guardian-Angel Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Hello

I apologize for repeating myself on this topic which was believed to be solved, however I am having another issue with it.

It was determined that when the report list was full, and not moved to archive, if a user reported a post, it did not show on the list.

Once I changed the status of the old reports to finished, they moved into archive. Since then I have not had any issues.

The last couple of days, the reported post is disappearing again. Once the notice is received via email that a user reported a post, I click on the report list, and see the offending report in the list, I read it. I click on the link that takes me to the post. I delete the post, I go back to update the report to finished and it's gone. 

Unlike the other issue, there are no other reports in archive or the list. It appears once the post is deleted, it disappears from the list. It's not in archives.

Why is this happening. It's confusing to the mods, who are notified of the report, but if someone else got to it first, it disappears leaving the rest not knowing what happened.

Please advise if we are somehow doing something that is not the proper procedure in viewing/deleting reported posts.

Thanks for your help.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51550

In progress Re: Report Post - Disappears from List

Post by SLGray Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 pm

I believe it does disappear when you delete the reported post.

Report Post - Disappears from List Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Guardian-Angel
    Guardian-Angel
    Forumember

In progress Re: Report Post - Disappears from List

Post by Guardian-Angel Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Is there anyway to change that. We just got through the busiest night of the season with over 3000 users online at one time last night.

When a post is reported, the 6 mod's and myself are notified. Whoever see's the report first, reads the offending post, reads the report, deletes the post.

There is no record that any of those actions have taken place. The next mod or myself that notices the reported post, goes the the post which has been deleted, it's not there any longer because the previous mod deleted it, then go to the report list, and it's not there either.

So we've wasted a few minutes looking around, wondering if anyone looked after it, system glitch or computer problem or whatever.

I would like it to remain there, until it's actually dealt with by using the drop down options. 

If the post is not deleted, the information on the report list remains as is and the mods can see it.

Thanks.