Settings are changing by itself Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Settings are changing by itself

RainbowR
    RainbowR

Female Posts : 6
    Language : Hrvatski,English

Solved Settings are changing by itself

Post by RainbowR Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 16:50

Hello!
    Excuse me if I've posted this in a wrong place!
    I've set classroom forum recently.I need it to be very private,for my students and their parents only.
    I got few problems.
    One day it appeared to be ok,next day lot of things has been changed.

Font colors,icons I've chose,description of the forum got reset on short one I've created the very first day,chat-box disappeared even we have been using it previous day ,all the colors, title of the forum ("Your first subject" ,I've changed it in Croatian-Maybe I should delete it?!I've left it as reminder to myself))-things that does not bug me that much .
    Exclamation But what I do care about is even guests got access to part of the forum (Part that has been there when I started (Your first subject),most of the threads are there)- although I've set permissions to members only.Looks like my settings are changing every here and there by itself.(I've chose admin confirmation for new member,it got reset into members confirmation)
    Exclamation Next thing : I've created the groups : students and parents.Looks like every time my students log in, their group status is changing from students into parents - which allow them to read part of the forum allowed to parents only.(They appear to be members of  both groups,even if I "kick" them from wrong group,they pop up there next time they log in).

I would like to change appearance of my Home page,the picture is too big,and although there appear to be a lot of space,it does not allow me to add much of description of our forum.(It's about young kids and they got confused because they see nothing but the picture over all monitor)

Settings are changing by itself Forum10

Please help.
    Regards!
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Solved Re: Settings are changing by itself

Post by Ange Tuteur Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 17:41

Hello RainbowR,

For your settings being reset, that may have been cause from the Datacenter migration. See this topic : https://help.forumotion.com/t135889p120-change-of-datacenter-report-bugs

For your groups, are the settings set to auto-subscribe ?
    Administration Panel > Users and groups > Groups administration > Edit

If group auto-subscribe is set to "Yes", then members will be automatically added to this group once they reach the minimum posts required to join. Setting it to "No" prevents this.
    Settings are changing by itself Captu171

If your logo image is too large, you can either resize it or add a new one. Choose what you prefer :

Resize :
    Go to Administration Panel > Display > Colors > CSS style sheet

Paste this code into the sheet and submit :
    Code:
    #pun-logo img { width:200px }

Add new logo :
    Go to Administration Panel > Display > Pics management > Advanced > General / Explore

Here you can change the images of your forum. If you want to change the main logo image, replace the URL in the area I circled with a new image and save.
    Settings are changing by itself Captu172
    RainbowR
    RainbowR

Female Posts : 6
    Language : Hrvatski,English

Post by RainbowR Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 17:58

Thank you very much for fast and very helpful reply!!
    All done! Thanks! :wouhou:

PS Where to click as solved ?  Settings are changing by itself Oops
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 18:10

You're welcome. ^^

You can click the edit buttonSettings are changing by itself Editer15 on your first post, and tag the solved icon above the topic title. I'll mark it for you though. Wink

Topic archived

If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to open a new topic. Have a great day. Smile