The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

Visible areas but they will require logging in

MHerushingu
    MHerushingu
    Forumember

Language : Finnish, English, Russian

Visible areas but they will require logging in Empty Visible areas but they will require logging in

Post by MHerushingu October 20th 2014, 11:45 am

I have been wondering if there is a way to make board's/forum's areas to be visible to the quests and visitors but not to be avaivable for their use (when they click the link to the certain area, they will directed towards "Log in" page and will be not avaivable to see what is in there, unless they aren't members of the board/forum).

Is there a basic code for that one?
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2083
    Language : English

Visible areas but they will require logging in Empty Re: Visible areas but they will require logging in

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ October 20th 2014, 1:47 pm

acp>forum>categories and forums>

click the x/check icon next to the one u want to change read and write permissions on
    MHerushingu
    MHerushingu
    Forumember

Visible areas but they will require logging in Empty Re: Visible areas but they will require logging in

Post by MHerushingu October 20th 2014, 11:41 pm

Erm...

In fact, that will allow quests and visitors to access/read the threads that are in there and that is not exactly I want to have in here...

I want the quests and visitors directly go to the "log in" page once they have clicked on the visible area (which actually is locked/hidden and can accessed by user's password in order to see the threads/topics), not to let them see what is written in there unless they aren't logged-in members of my forum.
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2083

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ October 21st 2014, 12:30 am

if you set all of your permissions to members only when guest click it they will be auto directed to the login page
    MHerushingu
    MHerushingu
    Forumember

Post by MHerushingu October 21st 2014, 12:34 am

That's the point of it! It is not directing quests and visitors to "log in" page, in fact, it is directing them to the area and its topics no matter I set everything to "members only" + it is showing the areas themselves if they are "member only" (they appear not to be visible to the quests and visitors though...).
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray October 21st 2014, 6:12 pm

Post the link to the area, so we as guests can see it.

Visible areas but they will require logging in Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape October 22nd 2014, 11:00 pm

please remember we need a link to your forum if this not gave we can not help you any more.

Thank you

APE

Visible areas but they will require logging in Left1212Visible areas but they will require logging in Center11Visible areas but they will require logging in Right112
    Visible areas but they will require logging in Ape_b110
    Visible areas but they will require logging in Ape1010
    MHerushingu
    MHerushingu
    Forumember

Post by MHerushingu October 23rd 2014, 1:25 am

There is no need to. I have actually solved the problem by myself in past few days and is all working now. Wink

Thanks for your assistance anyway!
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French

Post by Base October 23rd 2014, 10:46 am

Solved => Garbaged since posted without solution.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 4:30 am