The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage is Too Big..

+2
efbe
apes
6 posters

Go down

Homepage is Too Big.. Empty Homepage is Too Big..

Post by apes March 13th 2008, 8:37 pm

please help me ...my homepage is too big...my forum had got this problem...when i surf using my laptop, my forum do not have any problems...when i surf using other laptop or desktop which have big screen this problem happend...people must have to scroll to the right to seel all the homepage...

i know why this problem happen...for example when i preview using 1280x1024, this problem do not happen...but when other people preview using 400x300, this problem happened...

i had already changed at Forum width, but this problem still happen...my homepage do not change anything...The changes only happen when click at the any category...what i mean here homepage for this forum still not change anything although changed in forum width...

i don't know why...can anyone help...i hope u can help me quickly because i had already promote my forum...if this problem cannot settle, i got a big problem...

this is my forum link...
http://jomheboh.forumotion.com/index.htm
apes
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Homepage is Too Big.. Empty Re: Homepage is Too Big..

Post by efbe March 13th 2008, 10:54 pm

It's a great looking forum but as you said your home page looks too big for some reason (for me anyway) All the categories etc look ok. You could try and shrink your logo a little and see what happens. Usually if it's too big it will stretch the page.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 13th 2008, 11:08 pm

Hm... seems to me if you have put a pixel-value in your forum-width?! Try to put a %-value in there ("Stlyes / Colors") - for example 80%. That should minimize your problems as the width will try to adapt the browser's window size if possible. Smile
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by apes March 14th 2008, 4:14 am

Sunny_D wrote:Hm... seems to me if you have put a pixel-value in your forum-width?! Try to put a %-value in there ("Stlyes / Colors") - for example 80%. That should minimize your problems as the width will try to adapt the browser's window size if possible. Smile

i had try so many times before, but it do not work..the problem still happen...last night i knew how to handle it...i must try change to other version...now i'm still using phbp2..if i change to phpb3, the problem do not happen...but i'm not like phpb3 version..i prefer to use phpb2 version...

so anyone can help me???i want to use phpb2 version...
apes
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by apes March 14th 2008, 4:17 am

efbe wrote:It's a great looking forum but as you said your home page looks too big for some reason (for me anyway) All the categories etc look ok. You could try and shrink your logo a little and see what happens. Usually if it's too big it will stretch the page.

thanks..anyway, the logo do not effect anything..i had discovered last night and i must change to phpb3 version if i do not want this problem happen again...now. i'm still using phpb2 version...may be this is my problem...although, i still want suggestion from staff of this forum to handle my problem...
apes
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinks March 14th 2008, 8:51 am

same problem with my forum.
Pinks
Forumember

Female Posts : 170

Back to top Go down

Post by apes March 15th 2008, 5:19 am

can anyone help me???i need your help...my forum its ok when you enter homepage but when you click at the topic, you can see my problem...i hope any staff can help me...i don't know how to tell my problem but you will know what i mean by looking at my forum...

i give my links...you can see my problem on this link..

http://jomheboh.forumotion.com/entrepreneur-f22/

i want to know how to expand the Image cell’s height forum ???
apes
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex March 15th 2008, 10:17 am

hello,

i visit your forum just before and its look ok, i dont get that problem your talking about.. hmm maybe its your version were you problem there.

but try this,
go to admin panel > style > color > CSS Stylesheet > See Your's Basic CSS.

Click that and your basic CSS style will opened (mostly opened with notepad). Copy all content of that CSS and paste it on CSS blank forum there. (admin panel > style > color > CSS Stylesheet)

after that look carefully on taht code and find this code :

Code:
.bodylinewidth {
    width:90%}
    .forumline{
    background-color: #1a1a1a;
    border: 2px #121212 solid;
    }

finally look at
Code:
width:90%
and adjust it which ever your like.

IMPORTANT : please backup your forum before do this step incase something wrong happen. ty

fyi, im phbb2 user also but i dont got that problem Smile, good luck

adiex
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by toprak_12 March 15th 2008, 10:53 am

thanks Dawa
toprak_12

Male Posts : 6
Language : turkish

Back to top Go down

Post by apes March 15th 2008, 11:14 am

Adiex wrote:hello,

i visit your forum just before and its look ok, i dont get that problem your talking about.. hmm maybe its your version were you problem there.

but try this,
go to admin panel > style > color > CSS Stylesheet > See Your's Basic CSS.

Click that and your basic CSS style will opened (mostly opened with notepad). Copy all content of that CSS and paste it on CSS blank forum there. (admin panel > style > color > CSS Stylesheet)

after that look carefully on taht code and find this code :

Code:
.bodylinewidth {
    width:90%}
    .forumline{
    background-color: #1a1a1a;
    border: 2px #121212 solid;
    }

finally look at
Code:
width:90%
and adjust it which ever your like.

IMPORTANT : please backup your forum before do this step incase something wrong happen. ty

fyi, im phbb2 user also but i dont got that problem Smile, good luck

adiex

thanks for give ur comment...i do not have that problem already coz i had change my version...
apes
Forumember

Back to top Go down