FM Points Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

FM Points

Solved FM Points

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:05 pm

I wasn't sure where I should put this question, but I figured this would fit best in this section, since it's not related to my website, but a general question.

What can we do with the earned points on http://help.formumotion.com ? Is there a (hidden) shop were we can spend them? What's the use of it exactly? http://prntscr.com/63qjln

Thanks in advance for answering.

Hello

Samantha.

Last edited by SamanthaS on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solved Re: FM Points

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:26 pm

Morning @SamanthaS,
    The points are there for show really. You get points from posting new topics or replies to an already existing topic. Here at the support forum there is no real use for them as you aren't the first to ask this type of question over the years. The idea of having a shop where you can spend these points has been brought up but it wasn't seen as a necessity for the support forum but this doesn't stop others from using it on their own forum. So really, there is no real use or a "hidden" shop here at the support forum.

Hope this answers your questions Wink

-James
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Post by brandon_g Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:37 pm

So in other words it is just like the plus 1 system,for show and/reputation. I think it may have been possible to incorporate it into type of thing where you can unlock special or temporary features, like maybe someone can spend X amount points and get maybe 2 of the same type of review back to back, or maybe a cool rank for a week, month or something, extra gfx requests in a week. Stuff like that, I know those are likely not going to happen, I am just showing examples of possible ways one could incorporate it into a forum like this one. I know it is not really nessecary, but it would show what is possible of that feature. Which I think is definitely something a support forum should do. Smile

Just my little opinion,
    -Brandon

FM Points Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic FM Points Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

FM Points Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Post by TheCrow Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello,

You can propose everything you want to the proposal section. The points system here it's just for "show" as there is nothing to use them for. As Jadster said it has been suggested before but nothing happened. You can give a try though!

Luffy

FM Points Thecro10
    Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:47 pm

OK guys. Thanks for sharing that. Too bad we cannot spend our points on something useful or nice for our forums or on here, but if that's the way it is, that's just the way it is. I'm not going to suggest it in the suggestion section.

Hello

@Staff, please lock this topic as it has been marked 'Solved' by me. Ty
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51500
    Language : English

Post by SLGray Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Locked as Requested

FM Points Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.