The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+2
multiverse
littleatheart
6 posters

How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved.

littleatheart

Language : english

How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved. Empty How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved.

Post by littleatheart Mon 16 Feb - 21:29

Technical Details

Forum version : phpBB2
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
    Screenshot of problem : http://littleatheart.forumotion.com/
    Who the problem concerns : All members
    When the problem appeared : I am still creating the forum,  
    Forum link : http://littleatheart.forumotion.com/

Description of problem

Hello there,

I am wondering if there is a way to make the forum totally private unless you join and have your account activated.

I only want it to show the title/banner of the forum, a message that contains what the forum is about and the standard for joining (That I will write), and a box to login or register.

Thank you for your help!
    multiverse
    Forumember

How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved. Empty Re: How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved.

Post by multiverse Mon 16 Feb - 21:39

here is an idea on how to make it happen...

only make things readable to private membergroups and manually add people to the membergroups that allow for the reading. you'd have to go into forum section permissions to allow for said reading.
    Ikerepc
    Ikerepc
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1186
    Language : Who cares...

How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved. Empty Re: How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved.

Post by Ikerepc Mon 16 Feb - 21:45

You need to edit permissions of all forums to not be visible by guests. That way you will got just loggin box when trying to access forum as guest.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8711
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri Mon 16 Feb - 21:47

You could change account activation to Admin so you must approve every account. To do this go to ACP --> User and Groups --> User Options --> Account Activation

In order to make your forum private you need to go to ACP --> General --> Forum Configuration --> and then next to each forum click this Perms and click advance and then untick the box for guests and members.
    Worst Nightmare
    Forumember

Language : English

Post by Worst Nightmare Mon 16 Feb - 22:38

how do i make the forum privately and the ranks privately and have that pop up thing on the forum http://prntscr.com/6609rr <----- and -------> http://prntscr.com/660aca
    littleatheart

Language : english

How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved. Empty Thank you!

Post by littleatheart Mon 16 Feb - 23:14

Thanks! That's what I have done so far. I just don't want there to be any way for people to see things that I might overlook. There are parts in member profiles where you can put like "Zodiac sign" and it gives an option to make that only visible to members. So even profiles are visible to outsiders unless otherwise stated?

Seems like there are tons of boxes to check Sad
    Worst Nightmare
    Forumember

Post by Worst Nightmare Mon 16 Feb - 23:25

littleatheart wrote:Thanks! That's what I have done so far. I just don't want there to be any way for people to see things that I might overlook. There are parts in member profiles where you can put like "Zodiac sign" and it gives an option to make that only visible to members. So even profiles are visible to outsiders unless otherwise stated?

Seems like there are tons of boxes to check Sad
    I agree with you
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray Tue 17 Feb - 0:12

Check here too

AP - Users & Groups - Special Rights

How to make a forum "private" unless you are approved. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep - 16:28