Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree"

littleatheart

Language : english

In progress Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree"

Post by littleatheart March 8th 2015, 2:32 am

I would love it if I could have a way to add fields for different types of relationships and allow members to link other members who they are in a relationship with. 

Example: If you are married, you could put "Married to:" then you could tag your husband. So if his name were John Doe it would display like "Married to: John Doe" and maybe the name could be linked back to his profile. Facebook has this function i believe,

I would like it if family members were able to be added too, (brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, etc.)

And preferably a relationship request upon adding

Is there a way to do this?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112
    Language : English

In progress Re: Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree"

Post by brandon_g March 8th 2015, 3:14 pm

Hello,

I do not know if what you are asking specifically is possible, but you can add a new field in ACP-->Users & Groups-->Profile--> Hit the green + icon and fill the form with the details you want.

Regards,
    -Brandon

Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree" Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree" Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree" Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51541

In progress Re: Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree"

Post by SLGray March 8th 2015, 3:33 pm

Do you mean tagging usernames in messages?  If yes, it is possible with the new option of tagging usernames.  You will need to activate it.  AP - General - Messages & Emails - Configuration
    Tag Usernames:

Example:  @littleatheart

Adding multiple relationships (in polyamorous situations) or making a "family tree" Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2108

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ March 8th 2015, 4:06 pm

having a relationships sorted friends list is not possible .. and if you tried to do it by script it would take a while to load because you can only view 10 friends per page so it would have to grab each page and load it ..sorry
    littleatheart

Post by littleatheart March 8th 2015, 7:44 pm

I just mean that if you are viewing someone's profile, and their stats at might look like

George Johnson
    Married to: Barbara Johnson

The name of the person he's married to doesn't have to be functional as a link, that is just a bonus. I would like it to at least select a drop box maybe of people on George's friends list to select the person he is married to. 

Is something like that possible?
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2108

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ March 9th 2015, 5:01 am

only thing i can think of is to create a new profile text field and members could add information like that to it
    littleatheart

Post by littleatheart March 9th 2015, 4:35 pm

Yeah Sad I might have to do a write in.. I had a feeling it might not be possible,
    Thank you for your help everyone!