Usergroups - how to override Auto-Subscribe for individual members? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Usergroups - how to override Auto-Subscribe for individual members?

SophieDophs
    SophieDophs
    Forumember

Female Posts : 375
    Language : English

In progress Usergroups - how to override Auto-Subscribe for individual members?

Post by SophieDophs March 8th 2015, 11:01 pm

I have a specific usergroup that members are auto subscribed to.

The rules for this group are:

1. They have to have over 50+ posts
    2. And they also have to be a member of our forum for 30 days or more.

Previously I used to manually add members to this usergroup but auto subscribing has done away with this need.

However, we have one new member who has been turbo posting on the forum and within 3 days she has racked up nearly 60 posts!  Even so, she still doesn't meet the 30 day requirement.

(Most members take weeks to get to 50 posts!)

So, I have deleted her from the group for now.  But, the system keeps auto subscribing her, even though I have manually taken her out of that group.

How can I override the auto subscribe for individual members without removing that function completely from that specific usergroup?  

Any ideas?
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

In progress Re: Usergroups - how to override Auto-Subscribe for individual members?

Post by Derri March 9th 2015, 12:01 am

Hello,

The bottom line is that you can't I'm afraid because each time she posts it senses she's got 50+ posts and therefore adds her to that group.
    SophieDophs
    SophieDophs
    Forumember

Female Posts : 375
    Language : English

In progress Re: Usergroups - how to override Auto-Subscribe for individual members?

Post by SophieDophs March 9th 2015, 12:43 am

It is also re-adding members who have long been deactivated.  It doesn't seem to recognise only active members.

Thanks anyway, Derri.  I have decided to turn off this feature as I need to have more control over who joins certain usergroups on my forum.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri March 9th 2015, 2:53 am

Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

Can I mark this question solved then?