Member has issues signing into group Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Member has issues signing into group

Raven14
    Raven14
    Forumember

Female Posts : 211
    Language : English

Member has issues signing into group Empty Member has issues signing into group

Post by Raven14 March 18th 2015, 7:25 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : phpBB2
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
    Who the problem concerns : A few members
    When the problem appeared : a couple of months until present
    Forum link : http://www.taggersgonemad.com/forum

Description of problem

A member at my group has issues getting into the group between 9:00 to 11:00PM, Central Time.

This problem has been going on approximately 2 months now. Not only is this happening at Taggers Gone Mad, but all of her Forumotion groups.

She has tried accessing the sites with both Chrome and FF. The problem she is having are extremely slow logins, even after hitting a hard refresh. If she can get into the group, the pages take forever to load or they don't load at all. None of the other members are having this issue, that I'm aware of, although there are times that I've had issues with slowness.

She has contacted her provider and was told the problem existed with her server from Forumotion; they did not detect any issues on her end at all.

There are no problems at all before 9PM and after 11PM. This happens to be the time span that she is able to come to the group and it would be nice if this problem could be solved for her.

Thank you in advance for help received here.
    Cin S
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Member has issues signing into group Empty Re: Member has issues signing into group

Post by brandon_g March 18th 2015, 8:04 pm

Hello,

Do you mean the member has trouble accessing the forum or joining a group in the forum?

If the member is having trouble connecting to the site, try asking her to clear her browser cache and cookies, as well as the forum cookies. See if this helps any, if it does not work, then we must wait on a staff member to reply. Please ask her to try this and report the results back.

Member has issues signing into group Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Member has issues signing into group Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Member has issues signing into group Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51497

Member has issues signing into group Empty Re: Member has issues signing into group

Post by SLGray March 18th 2015, 8:35 pm

Is this happening only on Forumotion forums?

Member has issues signing into group Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    tisbev

Language : english

Post by tisbev March 18th 2015, 9:03 pm

I am the member having the issues, It concerns accessing the forum, and yes I have done all of that done the CMD reset etc: I clear the cookies every day. it is just between these hours and have tried Chrome it is the same thing as firefox.It is only in my 2 forumotion groups every where else I can zip thru.I have no problems before 9:00 or after 11:oo
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray March 18th 2015, 9:22 pm

So the issue is that you can log in, but it takes a long time?

Raven14
    Raven14
    Forumember

Post by Raven14 March 18th 2015, 9:57 pm

I'm speaking for Bev because I know about her problem and I don't think she is here at the moment.

It is taking a very long time for her to login and once inside the forum, the pages drag and time out.  This only happens at 9PM to 11PM Central time.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 18th 2015, 10:02 pm

tisbev wrote:I am the member having the issues, It concerns accessing the forum, and yes I have done all of that done the CMD reset etc: I clear the cookies every day. it is just between these hours and have tried Chrome it is the same thing as firefox.It is only in my 2 forumotion groups every where else I can zip thru.I have no problems before 9:00 or after 11:oo

Have you tried using a different browser or computer?
    tisbev

Post by tisbev March 18th 2015, 10:21 pm

Yes I have used my lap top also and tried chrome
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 18th 2015, 10:44 pm

Hmm ok.. maybe we should wait for a staff member then to see what they say about... I do not know of any current server problems (besides their annoying maintenance page anyway) but maybe the staff have.

-Brandon

Member has issues signing into group Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Member has issues signing into group Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Member has issues signing into group Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Raven14
    Raven14
    Forumember

Post by Raven14 March 19th 2015, 2:59 am

Thank you.  We would like to get this issue resolved because Bev is our Administrator and needs to be able to access the group during these 2 hours  (9PM to 11PM Central Time), as well as all other hours of the day.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray March 19th 2015, 9:06 am

So this happens everyday?  Which country does she live in?

tisbev

Post by tisbev March 19th 2015, 2:34 pm

Yes it happens every night. I live in the Southern part of Nebraska USA.