The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBcode overwriting html

2 posters

Go down

BBcode overwriting html Empty BBcode overwriting html

Post by dakilla Sat 15 Mar - 21:08

Actualy the title says it all...i want to make a post with anchor tags(it's something to allow a reader to jump directly to a place inside a post without needing to scrool down)...i can do that pretty well on the preview, but when i send it two things have happened:
1st the html code apeared on the post(strange because both BBcode and Html were Activated) and 2nd, only once, the html disapeared and was replaced with BBcode, the problem was that the links were all refering to my homepage...

i wanted one of two solutions...either provide me on a tutorial of BBcode to do what i want or else explain me what i should do in orther for the html to work
dakilla

Language : English

Back to top Go down

BBcode overwriting html Empty Re: BBcode overwriting html

Post by zakir321 Sun 16 Mar - 11:45

Well, don't know what code you were using, but you can create anchors with the following, they should work well in any case:

Code:
<div id="pos1">Whatever you want in here to define the anchor</div>

<a href="#pos1">Jump to Anchor pos1 on the same page</a>
<a href="http://URL...#pos1">Jump to Anchor pos1 on another page</a>

There is no bbCode [anchor] to my knowledge...
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by dakilla Sun 16 Mar - 12:46

Sunny_D wrote:Well, don't know what code you were using, but you can create anchors with the following, they should work well in any case:

Code:
<div id="pos1">Whatever you want in here to define the anchor</div>

<a href="http://URL...#pos1">Jump to Anchor pos1 on another page</a>

There is no bbCode [anchor] to my knowledge...

thx for trying to help but that was not the answer to my problem(which is now fixed because i went to profile preferences and puted on "allways allow html")

but for the record on BBcode there's a mod that allows you to do this, you have to put [jumpto] and [anchor]...xD

oh!...and for the html code it's no like that its:
Code:
<a name="pos1">Whatever you want in here to define the anchor</a>

Very Happy just thought u mght wanna know...lol
dakilla

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 Sun 16 Mar - 13:38

It doesn't matter what mods are existing, it simply depends if it's implemented in forumotion boards - and to my knowledge that's not the case.

Well and I never said I'm very used to HTML, but fact is that both "name" and "id" attributes work. I personally prefer "id" because it allows me to further work with that element through CSS, but that might be just because of habit. Anyway, I'm not going to start a debate now about this... lol
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by dakilla Sun 16 Mar - 14:22

ok...so it seems that you know a bit of programing so i think you may be able to help me...

I know how to make programs using C# Language to run on MS-DOS(it's a very basic thing that i learned on my collage, i know up until things like functions and parameters that are the base for everything else..xD) but i wanted to implement those programs on my forum...

I wanted a way to interact between html and source codes, i heard something like .asp files but i don't understand that enough to do what i want...xD

well, to be more specific, my program is a quiz that acumulates points as the correct answers are being choosen( i know how to do the source code...i know how to do the buttons on html...which i dont know is how to interact...)
The help i wanted if you can give me some, is either tell me how to do that or point me in the right direction, or else give me a base code so i can change the questions of a quiz...

P.S. Do you think i should change the topic subject?
dakilla

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 Sun 16 Mar - 20:30

This exceeds my brief knowledge of html, sorry. Can't help you with this problem, maybe you find something at w3schools or at another tutorial site. Maybe also another one here can provide you with the info you need. Very Happy
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by dakilla Mon 17 Mar - 0:36

thx, that w3school link prove to be helpfull...it's though to learn ASP but what it gives me will let me be able to do everything that i have in mind...

Once i learn i came here to help if someone wants it...
dakilla

Back to top Go down