The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control

CuriousPortlander

Language : English

Solved Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control

Post by CuriousPortlander June 11th 2015, 7:56 am

I searched your site and couldn't find this issue mentioned.

When a new user registration is requested that is suspicious, and I click on their username in the Inactive Users screen, I scroll to the bottom, click "Banned", and enter a ban reason, and Save.  However, when I go to Ban Control page, and look through the list of banned users, the ban reason I entered is not there.  Ban reason is blank.  How do I get it to appear?  Do I have to set the rank to Banned when I ban them?  Or is there some other reason why the banned reason does not appear?

Thanks in advance.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Solved Re: Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control

Post by Shadow June 11th 2015, 9:06 am

Hello

Could you please provide the url of your forum?
    Thanks
    CuriousPortlander

Solved Re: Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control

Post by CuriousPortlander June 11th 2015, 4:34 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hello

Could you please provide the url of your forum?
    Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply.

http://www.realitychatter.com/
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow June 11th 2015, 5:26 pm

Hello

I made a test with Buttercup.

At first, I activated the member "Buttercup"

1- Via the ban control

Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Ban_co10

I searched the user and added the reason. After checking the ban reason appeared properly:
    Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Ban_re10

2- Via the member profile:
    Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control User10

I banned Buttercup member and added the reason "test reason". After saving, the reason appeared properly:
    Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Test_r10

Maybe I did not well understand your problem scratch Let me know Smile
    CuriousPortlander

Post by CuriousPortlander June 11th 2015, 5:59 pm

OK, I see the ban reason you entered.  Thank you for testing that.

The only difference between what you did and what I do is you activated the user first.  I typically ban the suspicious ones while still in the "inactive" state.  Is that the problem?  Do I have to activate them before banning them?

Thanks again for your quick response.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g June 11th 2015, 8:21 pm

Hello,

If the account is inactive the member cant login anyway. So you dont nessecarily have to ban the account. Smile

Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    CuriousPortlander

Post by CuriousPortlander June 11th 2015, 8:55 pm

Thanks, I know that; but we have several Admins here, and if I leave it inactive, another Admin may activate it.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g June 11th 2015, 9:15 pm

You could just ask them to allow you to only activate them. Or you could simply delete the account, but banning an account before its even active seems pointless to me!

Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    CuriousPortlander

Post by CuriousPortlander June 17th 2015, 1:28 am

Buttercup, you can mark this as solved.  Thanks for your help.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray June 17th 2015, 2:06 am

Topic solved and archived

Banned inactive user and entered reason; reason doesn't appear under Ban Control Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 1:21 am