Few scripts doesn't working. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Few scripts doesn't working.

Gazdy
    Gazdy

Female Posts : 9
    Language : Hungarian

Solved Few scripts doesn't working.

Post by Gazdy Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:12 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
    Screenshot of problem : https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/18/33/17/00/nyvtel10.jpg
    Who the problem concerns : All members
    When the problem appeared : I've noticed the problem yesterday.
    Forum link : http://domesticavengers.hungarianforum.com

Description of problem

Hello!

My "Select Content Button" and my "Auto Save Posts" scripts doesn't working anymore. Sad I've noticed this problems yesterday afternoon. I previously worked in my "viewtopic_body" template only added a few plus "div class" or just changed the default class names into my new class names, so I've tried to delete my changes but the problem still remains with the default viewtopic_body template too. :/

I searched here similar problems like mine and I found this. So if you need a temporary user account for the check on my forum too, I can give you this one:
    USERNAME: Emma Blaze
    PASSWORD: fixmeplease

I don't know that this problem is related to this mine or not. But could someone help me with this please?

Thanks,
    Gazdy

P.S.: English isn't my native language, so I'm sorry if I made some grammatical mistakes. I hope you can understand what's going on.

Last edited by Gazdy on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Solved Re: Few scripts doesn't working.

Post by Ange Tuteur Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 am

Hi @Gazdy,

From what I can tell, there's an error in one of your scripts. What was the most recent script you added or modified on your forum ?
    Gazdy
    Gazdy

Post by Gazdy Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:02 am

Ange Tuteur wrote:Hi @Gazdy,

From what I can tell, there's an error in one of your scripts. What was the most recent script you added or modified on your forum ?

@Ange Tuteur,

this "Chat Title Changer" script was my last added javascript, but it wasn't modified on yesterday. I modified it last time on 24 June at 17:00. :/
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:43 am

From what I can tell, the error is located near this script :
    Code:
    jQuery().ready(function(){/ * Vesszük az elemet a főmenüben, hogy ha van egy új üzenete * /var e=$("#i_icon_mini_new_message");/ * Ha van Nem, mi meg itt * /if(!e.length)return;/ * Ha bármelyik, a kép meg fog változni az új üzenet image * /$("#pmO").attr('src','http://www.kephost.com/images/2015/06/18/MenuNEWMESSAGE16.png')});

Which is located under http://domesticavengers.hungarianforum.com/99537.js AKA in all the pages
    Gazdy
    Gazdy

Post by Gazdy Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Ange Tuteur wrote:From what I can tell, the error is located near this script :
    Code:
    jQuery().ready(function(){/ * Vesszük az elemet a fÅ‘menüben, hogy ha van egy új üzenete * /var e=$("#i_icon_mini_new_message");/ * Ha van Nem, mi meg itt * /if(!e.length)return;/ * Ha bármelyik, a ké️p meg fog változni az új üzenet image * /$("#pmO").attr('src','http://www.kephost.com/images/2015/06/18/MenuNEWMESSAGE16.png')});

Which is located under http://domesticavengers.hungarianforum.com/99537.js AKA in all the pages

Oh, I get it! I get it! bounce

I made a mistake when I changed the original french notes into hungarian between the "/*" and "*/" characters - which is my native language, sadly I think the system doesn't like the hungarian accented letters ... shame on me :"D -; so now I deleted all of them and finally the both script are working again.
    The problem solved! ^^

Thank you so much for your help! <3 ùù bye
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:12 pm

No, no, I think the translation was not the problem. Upon further inspection it appears that the comment asterisks are spaced. For example :
    Code:
    /* Multiline comment */

The above is the correct syntax for a comment, but in the code I highlighted there were spaces where the asterisks should be. This in turn changes the comment into a regular expression literal.
    Code:
    / * not a comment * /

I believe the letters in the regular expression caused some problems. If you were to fix the spacing of the asterisks everything would be perfect. Very good

Syntax highlighting better shows what I'm talking about Wink
    Few scripts doesn't working. Captur48
    Gazdy
    Gazdy

Post by Gazdy Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Ange Tuteur wrote:No, no, I think the translation was not the problem. Upon further inspection it appears that the comment asterisks are spaced. For example :
    Code:
    /* Multiline comment */

The above is the correct syntax for a comment, but in the code I highlighted there were spaces where the asterisks should be. This in turn changes the comment into a regular expression literal.
    Code:
    / * not a comment * /

I believe the letters in the regular expression caused some problems. If you were to fix the spacing of the asterisks everything would be perfect. Very good

Syntax highlighting better shows what I'm talking about Wink
    Few scripts doesn't working. Captur48

Oh I understand now! Thanks for the last explanation. I love you
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19327
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Topic solved and archived

Few scripts doesn't working. Left1212Few scripts doesn't working. Center11Few scripts doesn't working. Right112
    Few scripts doesn't working. Ape_b110
    Few scripts doesn't working. Ape1010