The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link?

Paxination

Language : English

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Empty How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link?

Post by Paxination July 28th 2015, 7:40 pm

Is it possible for me to post a new topic via a link?

For example, this topic im creating now, the link in my browser shows https://help.forumotion.com/post?f=46&mode=newtopic

Would it be possible for me to tack on the Title and post contents in the link as well? I am trying to program some scripts to do this automatically for me and my staff.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Empty Re: How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link?

Post by brandon_g July 28th 2015, 9:01 pm

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to create the topic using the link, if you put that in to your address bar and hit enter it would bring you to the create a topic page. As for the title, I would imagine you would have to enter that information into the fields on the page, when you hit send the title will then appear in the link to the topic. Like your link here on the support forum: https://help.forumotion.com/t142345-how-to-post-a-thread-topic-msg-via-a-direct-link .

-Brandon

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Paxination

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Empty Re: How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link?

Post by Paxination July 29th 2015, 1:02 am

Thats actually not what im talking about.

Paxination wrote:
    Would it be possible for me to tack on the Title and post contents in the link as well?

Something like this.....

https://help.forumotion.com/post?f=46&mode=newtopic&subject=Need%20Help&message=Your%20msg%20here

I know i can use the link i posted previous to start the process as a shortcut or a bookmark. But what i want to do is create a topic with a subject and message contents all in the link that will automatically create the topic with all that already in it.

I know its possible on other forum softwares. I know phpbb has a php funtion to do this. Since forumotion uses a modified version of phpbb, im hoping they have something similar.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray July 29th 2015, 4:21 am

I am still confused about what you are asking about.

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g July 29th 2015, 5:12 am

Well in that case, not sure if it is possible. If it needs to be done using php, then probably not, since you don't have access to the server. This seems way beyond my small knowledge of code. Way over my head.

I know we try not to say anything is impossible, but this is probably close to it. To know for sure, I will refer you to my friends @Ange Tuteur and/or @JScript . They should know more about how possible this is. Wink

-Brandon

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

How to post a thread/topic/msg via a direct link? Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    JScript
    JScript
    Forumember

Male Posts : 741
    Language : PT-BR, EN

Post by JScript July 29th 2015, 2:29 pm

@Paxination
    It is possible through ajax (), but you need to set some details or get the value of array "auth[]"...

Example of "To reply a topic":
    Code:

$.post("/post", {
        t: TOPIC_ID,
        //lt: lt,
        mode: 'reply',
        attach_sig: signature,
        notify: "0",
    });

JS

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 3:36 pm