The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a background image in Portal Modules.

3 posters

Go down

Adding a background image in Portal Modules. Empty Adding a background image in Portal Modules.

Post by Chou March 20th 2008, 12:31 pm

Hello,

I created a new block with content inside but I wish to fill the background of the module with an image.
I would like to know: How is this coded and what is the possible code to do this?

Here is an example picture, I would like to fill the background behind these pictures with a custom made image.
Adding a background image in Portal Modules. 2lus45i

Chou
Chou
Forumember

Male Posts : 130
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Adding a background image in Portal Modules. Empty Re: Adding a background image in Portal Modules.

Post by Jalokim March 20th 2008, 12:55 pm

you can't do that.
the CSs can't do single block backgrounds
if you wanted a background all the portal block would have the same one
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Adding a background image in Portal Modules. Empty Re: Adding a background image in Portal Modules.

Post by Chou March 20th 2008, 12:58 pm

But it is possible to ad html codes in a single block so how would this affect the entire modules?
Chou
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim March 20th 2008, 1:00 pm

Chou wrote:But it is possible to ad html codes in a single block so how would this affect the entire modules?
it won't affect it... but there is not html code that sets images as a background (or maybe i don't know the code)
background images are done vis CSS and it won't do a single block.only all of them.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 20th 2008, 2:10 pm

By looking at your forum, I've seen that you created already a class for your module. If this class isn't used for other modules as well, it should work fine (otherwise just use an unique class name or id). Paste the code below into your Custom CSS field in "Styles / Colors / CSS".

.da-pastie-wrap {
background-image: url("http://IMAGE URL")
background-repeat: repeat
}
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Chou March 20th 2008, 3:30 pm

I did this, copy and paste:

Adding a background image in Portal Modules. 8waxdu

Now how do I name this after the copy and paste?

Adding a background image in Portal Modules. 2dcc2g4
Chou
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 20th 2008, 8:24 pm

That wouldn't matter - it's only a name to identify this block. Though, I made a small mistake in the code, I forgot the semicolons. So use the code below instead - sorry. Very Happy

.da-pastie-wrap {
background-image: url("http://IMAGE URL");
background-repeat: repeat;
}
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Chou March 21st 2008, 7:03 am

I know Sunny Wink
But I tried it and with no luck, I'm sorry.
I really appreciate the help, guys!!
Chou
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 21st 2008, 2:23 pm

But I have to say that this should work. See, I've copied a pastie code with the latest category images from DA and have written the code above into the CSS. This is how it turns out:

Adding a background image in Portal Modules. Sc0110

I have no idea why it doesn't work on your site... maybe try to put the code at the very bottom of your custom CSS field and submit. Probably you have already written code that overwrites the background?? Confused
zakir321

Back to top Go down