Search feature Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Search feature

Pip
    Pip
    Forumember

Female Posts : 34
    Language : English

Search feature Empty Search feature

Post by Pip March 22nd 2008, 2:32 pm

Hi, I've looked already at all the threads on this subject but can't find anything that helps me specifically. Although many people seem to be having the same problem as me, I haven't found a solution.

Am I right in thinking that the search function didn't use to be able to search for content within posts? But that this has now been addressed? Or have I got that totally wrong? My members really need to be able to search within posts (not just headers) but currently it would seem our search doesn't do this. I don't see anything on the forum or in my administration that allows me to set search parameters - there's nothing next to the search box to say 'search within posts' which is what someone suggested in one of the answers I've read. We've just got a plain old 'search' box with no extra options whatsoever.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    zakir321

Language : english

Search feature Empty Re: Search feature

Post by zakir321 March 23rd 2008, 7:09 pm

The search on the forumotion boards only scouts for terms in the headers - there is to my knowledge no way to change that behavior. Smile

Don't know if that has been suggested already in the suggestions forum though...
    Pip
    Pip
    Forumember

Female Posts : 34
    Language : English

Search feature Empty Re: Search feature

Post by Pip March 23rd 2008, 7:55 pm

ah OK - many thanks for letting me know.