The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Advertisement Prevents Embedded Viewing

Quade Leyf Varga
    Quade Leyf Varga

Language : English

In progress Advertisement Prevents Embedded Viewing

Post by Quade Leyf Varga October 21st 2015, 4:49 pm

I own a Garrys Mod server, and I am using Forumotion as our forums provider. The forums itself works just fine, although I am slightly annoyed that the advertisements only started to appear AFTER I had become registering users and making posts... Anyway, when I log into my Game Server, the first thing I am greeted with is my Message of the Day, or MOTD. The MOTD includes 4 tabs that lead to different webpages.

Before Forumotion decided to sneak ads onto my forums, these MOTD tabs were working just fine. Now, when I click the tabs that lead me to my forums, I am met with an unclosable banner ad instead. No way to exit out. This advertising is preventing all of my users from viewing the MOTD, Server Rules, and other important information that I was using the forums to display.

I would appreciate help in removing these advertisements, or perhaps changing when they appear? If there is no solution, I will unfortunately have to go elsewhere for my forum needs. I need my players to be able to view the MOTD.

Thank you.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

In progress Re: Advertisement Prevents Embedded Viewing

Post by Ange Tuteur October 21st 2015, 6:07 pm

Hi @Quade Leyf Varga,

Forumotion is a free service, hence adverts will appear on your forum. This is how the service generates revenue to bring you new features and a quality experience all for free. If you don't want adverts to display on your forum you can remove them via credits management : https://help.forumotion.com/t1219-credits-management

As for the problem you're experiencing, could you provide a link to the forum in question as well as where the problem is occurring so I can investigate the issue ?

Thanks in advance, and have a good day. Smile
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

In progress Re: Advertisement Prevents Embedded Viewing

Post by Shadow October 22nd 2015, 9:47 am

Hello

In addition to what @Ange tuteur said, our ads are very soft compare to the other free services.
    I've checked your forum and the ads appear normally:
    ads:

If you want to see this ad disappears for both members and you, you can use credits to remove them.

Best regards
    Buttercup

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 1:19 am