The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Limiting Private Messages

The Awakened
    The Awakened
    Forumember

Language : English, Spanish, and French

In progress Limiting Private Messages

Post by The Awakened November 11th 2015, 10:49 pm

Due to some recent activity with trolls and whatnot, I had decided to limit private messaging to those within a certain group. By this I mean that those who find themselves in 'approved members' can send messages while those who just registered cannot. Thing was, when I went into the ACP, I could only up the number of posts required to send messages or disable them completely, but not limit it to a certain group. My question is, is what I'm trying to do possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!

URL to Forum: www.fairytailonline-rp.com
    quick Note: Seeing as it related to the Admin Panel, I posted here. If this is not the correct place, I apologize in advance.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

In progress Re: Limiting Private Messages

Post by brandon_g November 12th 2015, 12:45 am

Hello,

No it is currently not possible to do this based on groups. The only other way, other then the ways you mentioned above is to manually disable pms per user in their profiles. It is a pain and very time consuming I know, but right now thats the only other way to do something like this.

-Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on November 12th 2015, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Limiting Private Messages Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Limiting Private Messages Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Limiting Private Messages Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    ddoesmc
    ddoesmc
    Forumember

Male Posts : 278
    Language : Mainly english

Post by ddoesmc November 12th 2015, 12:50 am

Since what you said can not be done, you can just disable the reported/known members. Post count is a good way, even something fairly low, even around 15 can help keep some of the issues out.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape November 12th 2015, 7:09 pm

you can do it so your members have to post a number of posts before they get the right to PM's like we had here

All new members had to post 2 posts before the PM box was open to them.

ACP Limiting Private Messages Image110 General TabĀ  Limiting Private Messages Image110 Limiting Private Messages Boite_emailĀ Messages and e-mails Limiting Private Messages Image110 Private messages 2nd down Limiting Private Messages Image110 Minimum posts before sending private messagesĀ : SET NUMBER TO WHAT YOU LIKE

Limiting Private Messages Image110SAVE

Limiting Private Messages Left1212Limiting Private Messages Center11Limiting Private Messages Right112
    Limiting Private Messages Ape_b110
    Limiting Private Messages Ape1010

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 7:30 pm