Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities: Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password

CalvinNHobbs2
    CalvinNHobbs2
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities: Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 June 22nd 2016, 12:12 am

I want to deactivate the security option, which prohibits sending a new password by email to Administrators and moderators.

However, when I go to Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities, and I select "Yes, remove it," if I check later, it will have defaulted back to "Don't modify" (instead of remaining on "Yes, remove it").

Shouldn't it look like this instead?

Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Yes_re10

Also, I'm not sure if I need to post a second topic (please let me know if I do need to do this), but I was wondering how often do the forums get backed up? I was checking the back up dates on Founders' Tools for my forum, which were: 5/19/16, 5/26/16, 6/02/16, and 6/14/16. There was one time that my forum went 12 days before being backed up, but it could be a one-time hiccup.

Thank you for your help.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51550

Solved Re: Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities: Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password

Post by SLGray June 22nd 2016, 4:24 am

If you can log into your forum, you can deactivate the feature in the administration panel (AP > General > Forum > Security).

There was a period of time that some back ups were not made.  Sometimes there is a hiccup in the system.

Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    CalvinNHobbs2
    CalvinNHobbs2
    Forumember

Solved Re: Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities: Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 June 22nd 2016, 10:02 pm

Hello SL Gray,

Thanks for your answer. So yesterday, I used the Admin Panel to deactivate the security feature on the two forums I have on forumotion.

For my main forum, I previously had set up the password for Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities for this forum. I also had tried to select on Founders' Tools this option: "Yes, remove it," in order to remove the security, "Disallow to send a new password" through email to Administrators/moderators. I guess even though it kept on defaulting to "Don't modify" on Founders' Tools, it must have worked. Yesterday, I went to the Admin Panel for my main forum, and selected "No" to the question, "Disallow 'Send by e-mail a new password' to administrators and moderators," and when I checked the Admin Panel for my main forum today, the answer was still "No" to this option. So that worked out fine.

However, yesterday on my test forum, on the Admin Panel, I also selected "No" to the question "Disallow 'Send by e-mail a new password' to administrators and moderators." I haven't bothered to set up a password for Founders' Tools for my test forum. When I checked my test forum today, and went to the Admin Panel, the strange thing was that the selection for "Disallow 'Send by e-mail a new password' to administrators and moderators " had defaulted to "Yes." So if I do not set up my password for Founders' Tools for my (test) forum and go into Founders Tool to remove the security option, will it keep on defaulting to "Yes" on my Admin Panel, and thus allow the activation of the Security measure of not allowing a password to be sent by email to me as Admin? Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks for your answer about the back-up system as well.

Last edited by CalvinNHobbs2 on June 23rd 2016, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19212
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape June 22nd 2016, 11:39 pm

if you tell your forum to stop asking for a password then it should stay that way maybe you set this at the time our system was doing a backup of your forum and then and only then will it reset it self to the main settings as far as i know. the best way to do this is to do it in the day time and make sure when you hit save go back and make sure its set to NO.

Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Left1212Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Center11Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Right112
    Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Ape_b110
    Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Ape1010
    CalvinNHobbs2
    CalvinNHobbs2
    Forumember

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 June 23rd 2016, 8:18 pm

Ape, thanks for your suggestions. I went and did that today. I will report tomorrow.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19212
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape June 23rd 2016, 8:21 pm

ok thanks i will hold on until you report back Smile

Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Left1212Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Center11Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Right112
    Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Ape_b110
    Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Ape1010
    CalvinNHobbs2
    CalvinNHobbs2
    Forumember

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 June 25th 2016, 1:50 am

It worked! I checked my Admin Panel today, and it is still set to "No" (to the question: "Disallow 'Send by email a new password' to administrators and moderators"). Thanks for your help, Ape and SL Gray! Have a good weekend.

SOLVED.

brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112

Post by brandon_g June 25th 2016, 3:21 am

Problem solved & topic archived. ~ brandon_g
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Founders' Tools/Forumotion Utilities:  Issue deactivating the security option which prohibits sending a new password Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points