The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChatBox Question.

4 posters

Go down

ChatBox Question. Empty ChatBox Question.

Post by Jinzo March 29th 2008, 7:58 pm

Today, a few members of the forum were chatting on the Chatbox, when for no reason, we were disconnected. This happened at about 2:30 Eastern Time. There were no Kicks or Bans issued by any members, and no messages saying "So-and-So has been disconnected". This has not been the first time this has happened. I simply wish to know why this type of thing might occur, and if there is a way to know when it might happen again.

Thanks.
Jinzo
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

ChatBox Question. Empty Re: ChatBox Question.

Post by Raph95 March 29th 2008, 9:59 pm

Hello Jinzo!

So, you have problem with connection, as I see. If you all were from the same country, you might be using the same internet provider. If Internet Provider works anything, this might happen many times. Go to Google, and see if you can find the Official page of your internet provider. Contact them and ask them about that.

I don't think it's Forumotion's problem, but wait a bit more for some Moderator / Global Moderator / Administrator to answer to see for more details.

Regards,
Lazar.
Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Male Posts : 798
Language : English, Serban, Croatian, Bosinan :)

http://TMNT-Forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinzo March 29th 2008, 10:02 pm

If it helps, EVERY person in the chatbox got kicked out involuntarily. I know for a fact that people use different browsers (Firefox, IE, etc.). Or, by provider do you mean like Yahoo or Netzero or something like that? I use a local internet provider, and I doubt anyone else uses the same provider.
Jinzo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by vince730 March 30th 2008, 12:25 am

Interestingly Enough Jinzo, at about the Same time I had 3 Members on my Chat Box and 1 Was Kicked Off (Just As you Decscibed- With nothing saying they were Kicked, Banned or Disconnected).

So it Could Be a Glitch Possibly.

I would like to see what a Moderator or Administrator says though.
vince730
vince730
Forumember

http://www.webbies4ever.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles March 30th 2008, 3:18 am

It could be part of the issue that they have been discussing in the Techs forum. In the Slow thread. There have been issues with the chat and the forums running slow. So that might have something to do with it.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down