Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif

ARAVIND
    Forumember

Language : English

Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif Empty Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif

Post by ARAVIND March 30th 2008, 5:10 pm

The place for the script generator is here. If I goto that website and type my forum URL, its showing that it is not a valid forumactif URL...

My forum has the domain name xxxxxxx.forumr.net (xxxxxx not told because it would be considered as an ad).

Is it because I have forumr.net as the domain OR some kind of database error?

Please help me because, I really can't put on any kind of scripts onto my website...

Thanks in advance
    Maxiamento
    Maxiamento
    Forumember

Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif Empty Re: Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif

Post by Maxiamento March 30th 2008, 5:21 pm

you have to use your original forumname not the bought one
    you can edit the link for free
    by going to general forumadress and change it
    and if thats to hard for you use this url
    http://achieve360portal.user-board.net/
    to edit your script and just paste the script into your own site description

Last edited by Maxiamento on March 30th 2008, 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif Empty Re: Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif

Post by ARAVIND March 30th 2008, 5:24 pm

Maxiamento wrote:you have to use your original forumname not the bought one

I am sorry, but i didn't buy any... This "forumr.net" was in the options while I was signing up for a free forum...

Please check it if I'm not right by just going till the step of choosing domain name (while signing up for a new forum).
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 30th 2008, 5:30 pm

But, I want my domain to be forumr itself rather than other because I like it...

I didn't get what you were trying to say in the website you mentioned...
    Maxiamento
    Maxiamento
    Forumember

Post by Maxiamento March 30th 2008, 5:34 pm

your forum name won't change you just need it to make the script
    Maxiamento
    Maxiamento
    Forumember

Post by Maxiamento March 30th 2008, 5:35 pm

my god lol what do you want to have exactly and I will mkae it for you. if not to difficult!
    I want you to do this!
    Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif Naamloos-7
    than press ok and make a script! at the end you will obtain a code for a javascript just paste that in your sites the description! it is not linked to a website!
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 30th 2008, 5:40 pm

Firstly, I need to pick out 5 members of the month(automatically), depending on their no. of posts and points assigned.

Secondly, I need a flash menu

Thirdly, Fourthly etc., etc.,

I have many things to do... So, if I could get help to access script generator, it would be great...

Thanks Maxiamento for your interest in this!
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 30th 2008, 5:50 pm

Thats what I'm doing Maxiamento,
    OK, here's what I'm getting...

Pic:

Cannot generate scripts! Showing ,not part of forumactif D5b84aebd3

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d5b84aebd3.jpg

Last edited by ARAVIND on March 30th 2008, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Maxiamento
    Maxiamento
    Forumember

Post by Maxiamento March 30th 2008, 5:52 pm

no lol
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 30th 2008, 5:58 pm

Maxiamento wrote:no lol

NO! for what? Please try to hrlp me... I 've edited and put some pic
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 31st 2008, 4:27 am

Is any staff seeing this?

Please give me advice on this issue. Should I change the forum domain name or is there any solution... Please help!

Post by Guest March 31st 2008, 4:31 am

What is the full link to your forum?
    Decibel
    Decibel
    Forumember

Male Posts : 201
    Language : english

Post by Decibel March 31st 2008, 4:37 am

If I remember correctly from a previous post awhile back, it wasnt setup to use for a lot of the forumotions other domain manes(I had the same problem) Not sure if it was ever looked into/fixed.
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 31st 2008, 4:41 am

Kilsek, I've told that before right?

xxxxxxxxxx.forumr.net

And, decibel, did your problem get right after you're not listed?
    Decibel
    Decibel
    Forumember

Post by Decibel March 31st 2008, 4:42 am

ARAVIND wrote:And, decibel, did your problem get right after you're not listed?
    What problem?
    Edit* Why cant you put scripts in your forum?
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 31st 2008, 4:58 am

Decibel wrote:
    ARAVIND wrote:And, decibel, did your problem get right after you're not listed?
    What problem?
    Edit* Why cant you put scripts in your forum?

No, you said before that forumotions other domains weren't listed and fixed... So I asked, if your forum was listed or not..

How can I put scripts in my forum just like that... If possible, where?
    Decibel
    Decibel
    Forumember

Post by Decibel March 31st 2008, 5:00 am

What kind of script are you looking to add? For your Portal? Forum Index? Can you post an example?
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 31st 2008, 5:09 am

Well, I need sripts for both portal and index...

I need to put flash menus or atleast drop-down menus...

And I need to put a mechanism which automatically chooses members of month depending upon points and posts...

There are many more, not very important for now, to be put....

Anyway, can you help me with the first two?
    Decibel
    Decibel
    Forumember

Post by Decibel March 31st 2008, 5:14 am

These scripts should work by adding to a portal block(s). Admin panel>Modules tab>in Portal&Calendar block click Potral Pages management. From there click on structure. In there you can add/delete/edit your portal.
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 31st 2008, 5:19 am

It works for the 2nd, but not flash or drop-down menu...
    Decibel
    Decibel
    Forumember

Post by Decibel March 31st 2008, 5:21 am

Flash menus work..must be a problem with the coding
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND March 31st 2008, 6:15 am

Well, I don't think it can be put on to all the pages of the forum... I wanted to put flash menus like "home", "portal" etc., universally to all my pages... I think we need script generator in this case right?
    Maxiamento
    Maxiamento
    Forumember

Post by Maxiamento March 31st 2008, 6:19 pm

wait a second I might know what the problem is. read the guide.. are you using phpbb3? because than it doesn't work
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND April 1st 2008, 5:08 am

Yes sir! I'm using phpBB3... Do you think that may be a problem?
    Well, I don't think so... You know why? I tried that (I mean, I changed it to phpBB2) and it was the same.

So, what do you have to say for this?
    zakir321

Post by zakir321 April 1st 2008, 3:04 pm

Try to insert your forum url without the "http://" in front and without the "/" in the end. For example just yourboard.forumotion.com. Smile
    Maxiamento
    Maxiamento
    Forumember

Post by Maxiamento April 4th 2008, 2:39 am

ARAVIND wrote:Yes sir! I'm using phpBB3... Do you think that may be a problem?
    Well, I don't think so... You know why? I tried that (I mean, I changed it to phpBB2) and it was the same.

WELL LOL I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND IT SAID IT WiLL ONLY WORK WITH PHPBB2 THATS WHY!
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND April 5th 2008, 1:36 pm

Maxiamento wrote:
    ARAVIND wrote:Yes sir! I'm using phpBB3... Do you think that may be a problem?

WELL LOL I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND IT SAID IT WiLL ONLY WORK WITH PHPBB2 THATS WHY!

He he, I actually tested it by creating a test forum, which I deleted finally, I put up phpBB3 & registered with xxxxxx.forumtion.com... And voila! IT worked...
    ARAVIND
    Forumember

Post by ARAVIND April 5th 2008, 1:45 pm

Sunny_D wrote:Try to insert your forum url without the "http://" in front and without the "/" in the end. For example just yourboard.forumotion.com. Smile

Sorry, doesn't work...