The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions

4 posters

Go down

Is this a good idea?

Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions Left1193%Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions Right11 93% 
[ 14 ]
Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions Left117%Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions Right11 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions Empty Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions

Post by dremits April 2nd 2008, 10:55 pm

It seems that various administrators may wish to grant or revoke only certain rights/privelidges to their moderators. This may apply to all moderators (perhaps an administrator feels that the rights moderators have in general is too much or indeed too little) or certain moderators (administrators may wish for certain mods to only to certain tasks or don't feel comfortable giving rights to certain mods or feel certain mods require more rights).

By 'rights' and 'permissions' i'm talking about what moderator's can and can't do. You know by default they can move, edit, delete posts etc. but as far as I can see you, the administrator, have no control over this. Now I know you may be thinking that administrators should only elect moderators if they trust them, but as mentioned above, admins may wish to grant their moderators with more rights as opposed to revoking them and I believe that each administrator is individual and may wish to customise the rights.

Well i've discussed what rights mods already have that could be revoked, but what about extras. Well that's really another topic but I notice that someone has suggested the possibility of moderators having the ability to authorize members and that is really what inspired this suggestion - basically admins could choose to allow moderators to have the ability to carry out some administrative tasks (banning users, editing user profiles etc.) and what rights may be assigned is again up to the administrator.

Anyway sorry for rambling on. If you could vote and possibly reply with your views I would be greatful.

Emits
dremits
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions Empty Re: Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions

Post by dremits April 5th 2008, 8:42 pm

Any more votes?

EDIT: Sorry! Knew I couldn't get away with it!

Last edited by dremits on April 5th 2008, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dremits
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions Empty Re: Custom Moderator Rights/Permissions

Post by Caihlem April 5th 2008, 9:00 pm

Pleaseavoid bumping suggestions as this isn't really, if at all, tolerated Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku Xander April 28th 2008, 12:27 am

This is definitely a great idea! I was trying to do this for a long time.
Riku Xander

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 26th 2013, 3:42 pm

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestion which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

Locked & Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down