[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+24
Esmeralda
Brooksy118
Geocachingmama
sinbadthebad
FallonRPG
Tanooma
llamafish
george20
Draxion
steventruman
Ronnytigs
BucolicBuffalo
baldy
TimV
Kalliopi
Chelly
brandon_g
Legionheart
Tansy Firedragon
Sir Chivas™
SLGray
LadySibella
Ape
Prof Pat Pending
28 posters

[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity

Prof Pat Pending
    Forumember

Male Posts : 71
    Language : English

Pro Admin [ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity

Post by Prof Pat Pending May 28th 2017, 5:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
    Who the problem concerns : A few members
    When the problem appeared : Today
    Forum link : http://freeman-cruisers.forumotion.co.uk/

Description of problem

Hi

I'm afraid this member is having the same issue again Sad

https://help.forumotion.com/t147754-suspicious-activity

Unfortunately he's been out on his boat using BT hotspots which is probably the cause of his issues.

Kind regards

Pat

EDIT:
    Made only topic by APE

If you are having this same problem please follow this easy step.

if you are having this problem please PM one of the following members of staff

APE  SLGray,  or brandon_g   only Pm one member of staff and if one of the staff are away then tell the new member of staff who you last spoke to so they can look this problem up.

We Thank you for your understanding.

Forum address:
    Profile of member:
    Email address of member:
    IP address of member:
    Username of member:

NOTE : You must fill in this fully or we can not help you as we need this all and it must not be posted on the main forum it must be by PM only.

To get your IP address of the member go to any posts they have made and click on the IP button on the post it will give you a list of IP addresses most of the time it's the first IP address that is banned so we will need that one but we do like to have more then one IP address so we ask you to give at least 5 of them.

To get the profile of the member just click on the name of the member on your forum and then copy the URL of that page.
    Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Female Posts : 1

Pro Admin Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity

Post by Esmeralda July 1st 2017, 8:45 am

Hey. I'm a member of GASRforum and I've had my account locked out due to suspicious activity about three times this month. The forum admin @Seriously has been reporting this problem on my behalf, but I'm getting a little impatient with it.

I am from the UK and I use BT as a service provider.
    I'm aware that the BT Hotspots are probably the reason why my IPs have been blocked.
    However, I only use my BT home wifi to log in and I've been avoiding using my phone when I'm out and about to log in because of this issue.

It was working fine last night. I turn on my laptop, try to log in this morning - I've been locked out again.
    I can't get access to any of my IP information, because I don't have admin controls on the forum.
    Can someone please help me? This is really frustrating.
    BucolicBuffalo
    BucolicBuffalo
    Forumember

Post by BucolicBuffalo July 1st 2017, 2:17 pm

Our member stick, is reporting the same problem again. Only this time it is both his laptop and cellphone which cannot log in. I wish I could say that I am surprised. I expected this to happen. Some ISP's renew IP's roughly on a monthly basis. It's been a month and he's locked out again.

I will PM to Ape his most recent IP addresses. But we really need to solve this or it will be a frustrating week at the beginning of each month for him.

Just sent a PM to Ape. I can see the problem more clearly now. I went post by post to get his most recent IP activity. Not just copying a chunk of his list. He's got a huge page of IP addresses. Every time he gets on he's got a new IP address. Some seem to increment. Others are obviously not his home location. So he's chewing though a big number of addresses with just a couple posts a day.
    Ronnytigs
    Forumember

Female Posts : 37

Post by Ronnytigs July 1st 2017, 3:17 pm

Hello Ape - http://pols.forumotion.co.uk/
    My member Renee is blocked again, even though she now has a static IP address.
    The only thing she has done recently is download Ad-block Plus. She has since deleted it.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19358
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape July 1st 2017, 4:11 pm

BucolicBuffalo wrote:Our member stick, is reporting the same problem again.  Only this time it is both his laptop and cellphone which cannot log in.  I wish I could say that I am surprised.  I expected this to happen.  Some ISP's renew IP's roughly on a monthly basis.  It's been a month and he's locked out again.  

I will PM to Ape his most recent IP addresses.  But we really need to solve this or it will be a frustrating week at the beginning of each month for him.

Just sent a PM to Ape.  I can see the problem more clearly now.  I went post by post to get his most recent IP activity.  Not just copying a chunk of his list.  He's got a huge page of IP addresses.  Every time he gets on he's got a new IP address.  Some seem to increment.  Others are obviously not his home location.  So he's chewing though a big number of addresses with just a couple posts a day.  

Thank you @ucolicBuffalo i have got your PM and have sent this on again.
    I also see the problem on this account.

Your member use's lots of IP addresses and the other thing i have seen is your member also uses 3mobile  to log in to your forum this in it's self makes problems as he /she uses more then IP address from them as well.

I have asked my head office to look in to this again but as they say they are looking in to this more and will try and make a change on it but it will take time Sad sadly.

And i know it is really frustrating and i know more then others as i deal with this problem day in day out
    Just as i think it's getting better i find i log in and got 3 or 4 more Reports to deal with. :wouhou: so it is more then frustrating for me it's a big pain in the ***** as you can tell But don't worry i am still on the case and i will try my best to get this done on a faster note as it is really frustrating.

Regards

APE.
    Ronnytigs wrote:Hello Ape - http://pols.forumotion.co.uk/
    My member Renee is blocked again, even though she now has a static IP address.
    The only thing she has done recently is download Ad-block Plus. She has since deleted it.
    Hello @Ronnytigs

Please can you log in to your forum as admin and make sure  you send me all 5 of the last IP addresses used by your member.
    make sure you give me your forum address.

Also ask your member to go to this site   http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and tell me the IP they are using now
    I am not sure why the account is banned again if they are using a static IP i will also ask for our head office to look in to this some more as i am really lost on this account now my self.

[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Left1212[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Center11[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Right112
    [ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Ape_b110
    [ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Ape1010
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 1st 2017, 4:35 pm

@Esmeralda i have sent you a PM asking for some info Please reply to me there thank you Smile

APE

[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Left1212[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Center11[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Right112
    fairygem

Pro Admin Blocked Again

Post by fairygem July 1st 2017, 7:08 pm

Hi, i am a member of the creative misfits forum and for the first time last month i was blocked from getting into the forum due to suspicious activity. I have had this account for 6 years and until the beginning of last month i had no problems getting in to the forum. Yet for the second time i have been blocked again due to suspicious activity. It has nothing to do with my IP address as i made a new account and can sign in that way, i have cleared cache and history yet still not able to get in. Will this now be a reaccuring thing at the start of every month where i have to come in here for you to unblock me from getting into my forum.
    Text removed by APE
    As stated this will be the second time this has happened but it has nothing to do with my IP as i can sign in using a different username.
    I would appreciate this being sorted out once and for all this is totally unfair that i am having this problem at the start of each month when i have to sign in again
    Thank you so much

Last edited by APE on July 1st 2017, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed text from posts)
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 1st 2017, 7:18 pm

Dear @fairygem you are not the only one having this problem.

We are working on this and hope to have this fixed really soon.

As for your account info we have asked members to PM us with this as it is not safe to have it in the public forum.

staff are listed in the top thread.

I have removed your info from your Post and you should really get your founders to PM us so we can link this to your founder and forum.

I have resent your data on to our team and i hope that some thing will be done as soon as Monday.

Remember : DON'T ever post The account info or IP address in public its not safe

Trueseadog

Post by Trueseadog July 2nd 2017, 1:08 am

Hi, I posted in the wrong forum earlier, sorry.

One of our members is getting the suspicious activity Captcha screen. but only on her home WiFi.

The IP of her last post has this after it. bn-proxy5a.ealing.ukcore.bt.net and the forum indicates that 29 other members, including a keyholder, have posted from it.

How can I help her out?

Cheers.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51518

Post by SLGray July 2nd 2017, 7:33 am

Read the first post.

[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 2nd 2017, 3:23 pm

Trueseadog wrote:Hi, I posted in the wrong forum earlier, sorry.

One of our members is getting the suspicious activity Captcha screen. but only on her home WiFi.

The IP of her last post has this after it. bn-proxy5a.ealing.ukcore.bt.net and the forum indicates that 29 other members, including a keyholder, have posted from it.

How can I help her out?

Cheers.
    Hello @Trueseadog
    Please read this then PM one of the staff members listed.

If you are having this same problem please follow this easy step's

Please PM
    APE with the following or any of the following staff members
    SLGray,  or brandon_g  if you have already PM'ed me "APE" then always use the same staff member with ongoing problems.

Forum address:
    Profile of member:
    Email address of member:
    IP address of member:
    Username of member:

NOTE : You must fill in this fully or we can not help you as we need this all and it must not be posted on the main forum it must be by PM only.

To get your IP address of the member go to any posts they have made and click on the IP button on the post it will give you a list of IP addresses most of the time it's the first IP address that is banned so we will need that one but we do like to have more then one IP address so we ask you to give at least 5 of them.

To get the profile of the member just click on the name of the member on your forum and then copy the URL of that page.

Warning to your members:
    Tell your member Not to try and log in until we have got back to you here then we will tell you what to do next

Brooksy118
    Forumember

Male Posts : 84

Post by Brooksy118 July 3rd 2017, 12:57 am

Hi @APE, I've just sent you a PM about another member of mine that's having issues now Smile
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow July 3rd 2017, 10:58 am

Hello everybody,

We are really sorry for this inconvenience. We are working on a new system for the spamming problems, however I can't tell you when it's gonna be released and it might be in several months due to some other technical things we are working on.

Waiting for it, the only thing I can recommand to you to do not have it again is to avoid every spamming behaviour, such as using proxies which is one of the first thing a spammer do and that creates a lot of IP's adress, which looks suspecious to our system. I am going to take care of your issues today Wink

Have a great day :rose:
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 3rd 2017, 11:21 am

Dear @Tonya - Username: Shaz
    @BucolicBuffalo - Username: Stick
    @Ronnytigs - Username: Renee
    @baldy - Username: June
    @DavTay - Username: Hunty and Username: Tommyb
    @llamafish - Username: mariner
    @Brooksy118 - Username:  Moon
    @Chelly - Username:  Erin and Username: Esmeralda
    All the accounts have been marked as done 
    All of the Following founder's please ask your members to clear their browser cache and cookies then try and log in again.

Please post here and let me know if your members got in or not.

Thank you and have a great day.

From Me APE and the Forumotion team

Ronnytigs
    Forumember

Post by Ronnytigs July 3rd 2017, 1:26 pm

Many thanks
    Tanooma
    Tanooma

Female Posts : 14

Post by Tanooma July 3rd 2017, 7:49 pm

Really grateful to you Ape, as 'June' has now been able to get back onto our Forum. cheers
    Thank you very much. Very Happy
    (Baldy and Tanooma)
    Brooksy118
    Forumember

Post by Brooksy118 July 3rd 2017, 9:15 pm

Thanks APE, just asked them to clear their browser cache and then try again, will report back Very Happy
    Ronnytigs
    Forumember

Post by Ronnytigs July 4th 2017, 10:18 am

Renee is back, thanks Ape
    Brooksy118
    Forumember

Post by Brooksy118 July 4th 2017, 10:12 pm

Moon has been able to log in successfully, thanks APE and the rest of the team Very Happy
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 5th 2017, 1:16 am

Tanooma wrote:Really grateful to you Ape,  as 'June' has now been able to get back onto our Forum. cheers
    Thank you very much. Very Happy
    (Baldy and Tanooma)

Ronnytigs wrote:Renee is back, thanks Ape

Brooksy118 wrote:Moon has been able to log in successfully, thanks APE and the rest of the team Very Happy

Thank you all i have now marked your members as [ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Comple10 and all the data sent to me by PM has been deleted for security reasons.

Thank you,

APE

BucolicBuffalo
    BucolicBuffalo
    Forumember

Post by BucolicBuffalo July 5th 2017, 3:31 am

APE wrote:
    @BucolicBuffalo - Username: Stick

All of the Following founder's please ask your members to clear their browser cache and cookies then try and log in again.

He is back in. Puzzled as to why the problem. But that is his service provider's scheme.

Thanks again.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 5th 2017, 11:49 am

Thank you for letting me know @BucolicBuffalo

We think the problem is coming from there service provider using proxies Ip addresses and some banned ones from other people.
    Or it could be that members of yours are using computers from work that host proxies addresses.

As shadow has said we are working on this but we can not tell you when this will go live as we have lots of work still going on.

We thank you for your understanding.

kind regards

APE and the team.

Post by Guest July 5th 2017, 3:00 pm

APE wrote:
    Wing6704 wrote:Hi APE,

Dear @Wing6704 - Username: duncan

Member hasn't logged in, but I used their details to check and can get access. Thank you!!

Hello @Wing6704 you should NEVER log in on your members account's if they was banned as this can result in your account also being banned.

Please let me know if your member has logged in before i close the case as you logging in on that account don't tell us if they are still banned or not.

Thank you.

APE

Hi APE, they have logged in and it's fine. Thank you. I have another member so I will PM you with regards to that.

Post by Guest July 5th 2017, 3:06 pm

brandon_g wrote:
    Wing6704 wrote:Hi APE,

Dear @Wing6704 - Username: duncan

Member hasn't logged in, but I used their details to check and can get access. Thank you!!

You should probably let the user themselves check it. As if their ip address was the problem, then you might be able to get in with their account, but they still might not. Since you both have different ips.

Is it then a problem they use the forum from multiple locations? They are doctors and work from a clinic, and then sometimes from home using the forum. The again they might be using the forum on the move from a mobile device or tablet whilst commuting.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g July 5th 2017, 3:41 pm

The main problem is if they constantly are on the forum with many different ip addresses. So if they are using proxy servers, or their isp does or they constantly use public or wifi from different places all the time then yes that could cause you to end up on our systems list and cause this issue.

If you come on once or two from public or multi locations you should be fine. Its only if it happens all the time that our system considers it a red flag and adds the user to the list.

P.s Guys starting Friday, please send any pms of this issue to either myself or @SLGray because Ape will be taking a leave of absence and so will not be around to handle any issues with this for a bit. Me and SLGray will be taking over the support for this issue. Just a heads up to everyone.

-Brandon

[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic [ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

[ONLY TOPIC] Suspicious activity  - Page 7 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 6th 2017, 5:27 pm

Dear @Wing6704 - Username: mich and @TimV - Username: gavnali

SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 8th 2017, 8:09 pm

@Trueseadog  &  @gazhotspur

Your PM's have been received and a report has been made.

SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 10th 2017, 7:23 pm

@Trueseadog & @gazhotspur

Both of your members should be able to log in now. Please tell your members to clear their browser's history and cache before trying to log in.

Trueseadog

Post by Trueseadog July 11th 2017, 3:36 pm

peggy has access again, cheers.
    llamafish

Male Posts : 10

Post by llamafish July 14th 2017, 1:21 am

@SLGray

Is there any update on my member, Chris, of which the report was sent on the 8th July please?

Thanks.
    Chelly
    Chelly
    Forumember

Post by Chelly July 14th 2017, 8:33 am

@Ape

The same members I've sent you multiple times already are still being locked out of their accounts at random times, even after this last recent attempt to get them in not even two weeks ago. I'm just going to give up trying to get this fixed as we're moving our forum off-site anyway. This is just motivating me to work faster to accomplish that.

Thanks for your help, I know this isn't your fault and you're just the messenger between us and Home Office. Hopefully they can get this resolved permanently for the rest of the folks who don't have the luxury of leaving forumotion.

Take care!