The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do I Hide IP Addresses From Other Users?

4 posters

Go down

How Do I Hide IP Addresses From Other Users? Empty How Do I Hide IP Addresses From Other Users?

Post by Nyghtshayde Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 9:22

I know there are a ton of topics on the subject of IP addresses, however I wanted to ask a very specific question that isn't about tracking them or banning a user, etc. Instead I wish to explain my problem and then hope a solution will present itself. Hopefully people in the future who have the same question will have this to relie on for this particular question.

I noticed on the forums the member's IP address seems to be able to be viewed by anyone (not sure if it's just because I'm the Admin and I can see but I'm going off the assumption every other user who joins my forum can see as well). Since I am going off my assumption I would just like to know, is there a way to Hide this feature from everyone else who isn't an Admin and/or Mod? Because I'm sure those who are computer savvy realize how valuable a users IP address is and why it should be kept hidden from others. Quite frankly I would like to avoid my forum getting hacked into anytime soon in the near future.

Thank you.
Edited by Luky: color tags removed
Nyghtshayde
Nyghtshayde
Forumember

Female Posts : 26
Language : English & some Japanese

http://groveofancients.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

How Do I Hide IP Addresses From Other Users? Empty Re: How Do I Hide IP Addresses From Other Users?

Post by anonymous001 Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 10:23

Only Admins Can See Other Users IP...
So Theres No Need To Worry Very Happy
anonymous001
Forumember

Language : english

http://rssclan.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

How Do I Hide IP Addresses From Other Users? Empty Re: How Do I Hide IP Addresses From Other Users?

Post by adrenalin Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 10:26

Nyghtshayde wrote:Since I am going off my assumption I would just like to know, is there a way to Hide this feature from everyone else who isn't an Admin and/or Mod?

Hmm, this feature is only available if you are Admin or Mod.....!
Did you check this with a test-account? (Normal User-Account)

The Forum of the Forums was founded Thu 17 Feb 2005 - 1:41, and today it´s exactely 7015 days old. Until now 110647 users wrote 1088148 posts in 115 single forums.
You, Guest, wrote 0 posts since you registered ().
adrenalin
Forumember

Male Posts : 148
Language : German, French, English

http://hilfe.forumieren.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 10:49

Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font
Only Moderators and Administrators can see other members IP address. Regular members can't Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyghtshayde Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 23:25

Luky wrote:Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font
Only Moderators and Administrators can see other members IP address. Regular members can't Wink

Thanks. I'll try and keep that in mind for future reference. Embarassed I probably should edit my intro then.

adrenalin wrote:Hmm, this feature is only available if you are Admin or Mod.....!
Did you check this with a test-account? (Normal User-Account)

No, I didn't try creating just a normal user account. Wasn't sure if I could do that, suppose I could have but it didn't cross my mind. As I said I largely went off assumption.

Luky wrote:

Thank you both this is a definite relief to me.
Nyghtshayde
Nyghtshayde
Forumember

Female Posts : 26
Language : English & some Japanese

http://groveofancients.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down