Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+2
skouliki
sweeetviolet
6 posters

Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view

sweeetviolet
    sweeetviolet

Language : english

Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Empty Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view

Post by sweeetviolet January 4th 2018, 7:34 am

Can I remove the "Who's Online" section when guests are viewing the forum portal? They can see which members are online and any upcoming birthdays when viewing the portal without logging in. I would prefer guests that are viewing not to see this information.

Thank you!
    SweeetViolet

Last edited by sweeetviolet on January 16th 2018, 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15258
    Language : English,Greek

Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Empty Re: Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view

Post by skouliki January 4th 2018, 8:18 am

SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51541
    Language : English

Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Empty Re: Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view

Post by SLGray January 5th 2018, 12:19 am

sweeetviolet wrote:Can I remove the "Who's Online" section when guests are viewing the forum portal? They can see which members are online and any upcoming birthdays when viewing the portal without logging in. I would prefer guests that are viewing not to see this information.

Thank you!
    SweeetViolet
    Second Reminder:
    Please don't use bold or color and keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.  Thank you.

Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    sweeetviolet
    sweeetviolet

Post by sweeetviolet January 15th 2018, 10:09 pm

This did not help. I don't have an option for "Templates" under the Display tab. I've searched our site in the admin panel for this option and don't see it. I did find a Who is Online Widget under Modules and removed "Guests" from the Rights but "Who is Online" is still visible to everyone on the login portal page.

Last edited by sweeetviolet on January 16th 2018, 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
    Language : English, Greek

Post by Van-Helsing January 15th 2018, 10:16 pm

Hello @sweeetviolet,
    For the portal widget as @skouliki said you can uncheck the box Guests in the widget's permissions.
    If you want to disable the users online from the board index of your forum just post your index_body template, your forum link and your forum url here to check how to adapt it.
    sweeetviolet
    sweeetviolet

Post by sweeetviolet January 15th 2018, 10:31 pm

Under Modules>Portal management>Portal - I did uncheck guests from the Who is Online widget and it's still showing on the login page of our forum for all to see. I don't see "Templates" in my admin panel. This is the first forum that I have managed and I'm just trying to make minor adjustments if possible.

Last edited by sweeetviolet on January 16th 2018, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Draxion
    Draxion
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2518

Post by Draxion January 15th 2018, 11:09 pm

Add this JavaScript.
    Placement: In the portal
    Code:
    $(document).ready(function() {if(_userdata["session_logged_in"] == 0){$('#main-content > table.portal > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(3) > div:nth-child(1)').remove();}});
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51541

Post by SLGray January 16th 2018, 12:19 am

Please only use the default font size and color.

Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19209
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape January 16th 2018, 12:42 am

You have to be logged in As the founder to see the templates Admin powers only will not show templates.

Only the founder can use the tools on the templates.

Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Left1212Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Center11Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Right112
    Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Ape_b110
    Remove "Who's Online" from main page - guest view Ape1010