The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

Geebes
    Geebes

Language : English

In progress Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

Post by Geebes January 25th 2018, 4:48 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #ModernBB
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Internet Explorer
    Who the problem concerns : A few members
    When the problem appeared : Two days ago
    Forum link : http://inklings-writers@forumotion.com

Description of problem

Hello!

I noticed this problem on a couple other forums, but was unable to find a fix for it in the FAQ, so I would appreciate some guidance.

I have a member I invited to join my forum (I am the Admin). Because this is a private group, I have the settings to receive an email for each registration so I can accept their registration. However, I did not receive an email for her registration.

She tried again on a different browser (IE), but received then a message that she had already registered. I still have not received the registration notice, though, so I cannot accept her.

This also may have happened with a couple other members who were supposed to register but have not. Most of the registrations came through fine.

Is there a way to find registrants who have not been accepted through the Admin panel, or for her to delete the first registration and try again? (Perhaps you know of a browser to NOT use for registering, or something?) I have checked my spam and junk folders for the registration that I know did not come, and it is not there.

Please advise.
    Thanks!
    --Dawn/Geebes
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

In progress Re: Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

Post by brandon_g January 25th 2018, 5:39 pm

Hello,

Yes there is a spot in the admin where you can check if there is any unactivated users and then manually activate them.

You can do this by going to ACP (Admin panel)-->Users & groups-->Inactive users. If there are any unactivated users they will appear here and you tick next to their names and manually activate them.

-Brandon

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

In progress Notifications

Post by Ape January 25th 2018, 5:51 pm

Hello and welcome to the English support forum.
    My name is Ape and I am one of the staff members here at Forumotion Glad to meet you Shake
    I will be happy to help you on your problem today.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your new members E-mail Notifications.

Now first things first I need to run you over some basic settings.

We will use the short text on some parts of this today
    ACP = means "Admin Control Panel"

Ā ļ‚‹Ā Activating Your Members:
    Please can you look under this setting.
    ACP >> Ā ļ Users & Groups Tab >> Ā ļ€‡ Users >> Inactive Users >>
    Now any new members that haven't activated will show up there.
    Just tick the boxes next to the names then pressĀ Activate.

Now your new members will get a Email telling them they can now use the forum.

Ā ļ‚…Ā Making Sure Your Settings Are Set Right:
    ACP >> Ā ļ Users & Groups Tab >> Ā ļ€‡ Users >> Users options >>
    Ā ļ®Ā Find >> Send notification email upon new user registrationĀ : Admin or Moderator If you set it to Moderator the Admin's will also get the Email's

Then Save.

Ā ļ€¢Ā Setting Your Profile:
    Now you need to make sure your Profile settings are set right.
    Go to your main forum and go to the top of your page you will see your navbar.
    ļ®Ā Find >> Profile Press that.
    ļ®
    Ā Find >> Notifications Tab >> Tick All you can on the Email part then Save.

ļ€”Ā Resynchronize Your Forum:
    ACP ļ General Tab >> Ā ļ‚­ Forum >> Configuration >> Scroll right to the bottom and Ā ļ®Ā find >>
    Resynchronize your forumĀ : Tick then press save

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Left1212Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Center11Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Right112
    Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Ape_b110
    Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Ape1010
    Geebes
    Geebes

In progress Re: Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

Post by Geebes February 2nd 2018, 3:42 pm

Thanks, Ape, thanks, Brandon,

I am able to go to the inactive users to check for new members, which helps a lot.

The Admin email notifications of new members worked for the first 10 members, then stopped. I think that is about the same time I stopped receiving notifications for watched topics. I checked my notification settings and my profile (they were all set properly, so I didn't have to change them), then I resynchronized the forum. I will keep an eye on the next member to register to see if the email notification starts working again. I will keep you posted on whether or not the resynchronization works.

Thanks!
    --Geebes

Post by Guest February 2nd 2018, 4:45 pm

Hello @Geebes

Actually, you can also check your spam inbox and see if the e-mails are there. I'm telling this because this happened to me a lot and the solution is quite simple if this is the problem Smile

Greetings.
    Geebes
    Geebes

Post by Geebes February 2nd 2018, 5:21 pm

mpelmmc wrote:Hello @Geebes

Actually, you can also check your spam inbox and see if the e-mails are there. I'm telling this because this happened to me a lot and the solution is quite simple if this is the problem Smile

Greetings.

Oh yes, that is the first place I looked! Because I not only have a traditional junk folder, but we have a system-wide spam filter. I logged in there immediately. But alas, nothing was there.

Thanks, Mpelmmc!

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 8:35 pm