Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address?

PoodleyPie
    PoodleyPie
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address?

Post by PoodleyPie May 17th 2018, 1:57 am

Hi,

I just got my domain a few days ago thru Forumotion, and my SSL certificate yesterday. Why did receiving the SSL change my forum address like this in the pic, from artsyfartsydogforum.com?

Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Ssl_ce10

The HTTPS works fine and there are no problems clicking on the .com address, but I'm curious why the SSL was given to the .forumotion.com address instead, and is there a difference in security?

Thanks.

Last edited by PoodleyPie on May 17th 2018, 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Solved Re: Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address?

Post by Guest May 17th 2018, 3:52 am

Hello,

I don't understand your question. I can access your forum perfectly from https://www.artsyfartsydogforum.com/ with the SLL certificate on.
    Spoiler:

Plus when I access your forum with the address of https://www.artsyfartsydogforum.forumotion.com I get the redirection just fine, and the SLL certificate as well. Note that the SLL certificate has been given to both addresses, the .com and the forumotion.com
    PoodleyPie
    PoodleyPie
    Forumember

Solved Re: Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address?

Post by PoodleyPie May 17th 2018, 5:27 am

Thank you, Mpelmmc, I couldn't tell by the screenshot that technically the SSL covers both.

Post by Guest May 17th 2018, 5:31 am

You're welcome Smile
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51496

Post by SLGray May 17th 2018, 5:36 am

Did you get the domain name first and activated it then add a SSL certificate?

Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1442

Post by SarkZKalie May 17th 2018, 10:01 am

I think you should turn off/remove pre-installed SSL certificate before applying a new one.

P/S: Your domain seems too long, I suggest to rename it to short 6~8 characters.

Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Sarkzk10
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19313
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape May 21st 2018, 7:22 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Left1212Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Center11Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Right112
    Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Ape_b110
    Why was the SSL certificate given to the .forumotion address instead of .com address? Ape1010