The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Member seeing a white background with ad

Shimiko
    Shimiko

Female Posts : 23
    Language : English

Solved Member seeing a white background with ad

Post by Shimiko December 12th 2018, 10:05 am

Hello I am the webmaster of a forum and one of my members is having trouble every time he opens up a thread on our site. He receives this error: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/487847342901559317/522336597354610689/Nygshot.jpg?width=973&height=588

Its basically a white background with a single ad. Unfortunately he is the only one experiencing this error. It pops up in both IE and Chrome and he has cleared his cookies in both. Any idea on what can be done to help fix it?
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Solved Re: Member seeing a white background with ad

Post by The Godfather December 12th 2018, 10:25 am

Hello,

We made a major change to the advertising codes imposed by our service provider CRITEO and since then, this bug has appeared randomly. This does not come directly from their advertising codes but more than conflict with their integration.

The technical team is working on solving the problem but the randomness makes it quite complicated to understand. In addition, a simple reloading of the page allows you to have the page displayed correctly, which is even more disturbing.

I will be in touch to keep you informed.

We apologize for the inconvenience. :rose:

Edit 13/12/2018 :

Hello,

For info, a patch has just been pushed online.

Can you please try again and tell us if this improves the situation on your side ?

Thank you

Last edited by The Godfather on December 13th 2018, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Patch has been pushed online)

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 12:37 am