The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Remove limit for accounts per email

AisDareth
    AisDareth

Language : Eng

In progress Remove limit for accounts per email

Post by AisDareth August 17th 2019, 4:22 am

I'm creating an RPG board where each character would have their own account. This means one person needs multiple accounts/usernames. But the forum only allows one account per email, and I'm not finding the setting (switched to Advanced) where you can adjust this.

How can you edit so there is no limitation to how many accounts one email can set up?

In progress Re: Remove limit for accounts per email

Post by Guest August 17th 2019, 10:11 am

I could only find a limit per ip address but nothing for the email. I don't think it's possible.
    Jucarese
    Jucarese
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2539
    Language : spanish

Post by Jucarese August 17th 2019, 11:46 am

It is not possible every user is assigned an email address in the database, and it is not possible to have many accounts with the same address, so you will have to make different accounts with different emails, it is the way to combat spam
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape August 17th 2019, 7:21 pm

You can not have more then one account with the same Email address the servers hold the data for one member with one Email address.

reason's are
    If you have one account and it's hacked then all your account's could be hacked at the same time.

If there is a problem with one account it can be found easy by the admin/ founders of the forum.

If you need to ban an account by Email address for some reason then it would have problems banning the Emails as they are all the same.

Each account has a number and the Email address is how your password would be reset and the system would not know what account to send the new password to.

Remove limit for accounts per email Left1212Remove limit for accounts per email Center11Remove limit for accounts per email Right112
    Remove limit for accounts per email Ape_b110
    Remove limit for accounts per email Ape1010
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki August 23rd 2019, 12:38 pm

hello

is this solved?