The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Double Posts

Raven14
    Raven14
    Forumember

Female Posts : 211
    Language : English

Solved Double Posts

Post by Raven14 December 16th 2019, 5:50 pm

I have searched to see if anyone has mentioned double posts and I could not find a thread.  Sorry if this has already been asked.

Has anyone mentioned that their group is double posting?  I have been seeing double posts at my group and I made a double post a few days ago.  I only clicked on Send one time, but it double posted.

I'm not that concerned, but a member has complained that his posts are double posting.

Last edited by Raven14 on December 17th 2019, 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Solved Re: Double Posts

Post by brandon_g December 16th 2019, 9:24 pm

Hello,

How often does this happen? It is known to happen on occasion if either you have a slow connection and hit the send button a few times while waiting. It can also happen if you accidentally click the send button 2 or 3 times.

I think sometimes what happens is if our device doesn't react in time, we subconsciously hit the button more than once without realizing it. I have only ever had this happened to me on my phone (where sometimes I tap a few times because I think I missed the button) or when we have server issues and the page loads slower then I am used to.

-Brandon

Double Posts Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Double Posts Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Double Posts Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Raven14
    Raven14
    Forumember

Female Posts : 211

Post by Raven14 December 17th 2019, 12:59 am

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

How often does this happen? It is known to happen on occasion if either you have a slow connection and hit the send button a few times while waiting. It can also happen if you accidentally click the send button 2 or 3 times.

I think sometimes what happens is if our device doesn't react in time, we subconsciously hit the button more than once without realizing it. I have only ever had this happened to me on my phone (where sometimes I tap a few times because I think I missed the button) or when we have server issues and the page loads slower then I am used to.

-Brandon

Hi there Brandon. When my post double posted, I just deleted the extra post. I have seen a few double posts from other members. It really doesn't bother me, but another member brought it up today and I said I would check to see if other forums are having this issue.

It isn't a biggie. I think it will work itself out. Seems like I remember this happening before and it worked itself out.

I think I'll mark this topic as solved.

Thanks again.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray December 17th 2019, 2:03 am

Topic Solved & Archived

Double Posts Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 4:31 pm