The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Some admin no longer get all emails/notifications after changing email

Lopsum
    Lopsum

Language : Eng

Solved Some admin no longer get all emails/notifications after changing email

Post by Lopsum 20/11/2020, 14:22

Hi , as the title , from what some admin people report, it is since changing their own email.
    Also some reports of notifications not working correctly or consistently.
    this may be 2 seperate issues, i dont know.
    thanks for any help!
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Solved Re: Some admin no longer get all emails/notifications after changing email

Post by The Godfather 20/11/2020, 15:24

Hello,

Please, can you tell us if:

- They don't receive all notifications.
    - They receive some notifications (like answer in the following topic for instance) but not other ones (new registered member for instance).

Is it possible to provide us the forum URL + the username of one or two admins who have the problem please?
    Lopsum
    Lopsum

Solved Re: Some admin no longer get all emails/notifications after changing email

Post by Lopsum 20/11/2020, 15:36

Hi!
    https://goodf.forumotion.com/
    Member "daveiron" has no email notifications.
    Member "LionsShare" has no email notifications.
    Member "MrBlue" has no email and other notifications issues, doesnt get notified of new posts and other things, or deoes so inconsistently, i have checked their prefs and all is set correctly.
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather 20/11/2020, 15:57

I just sent you a PM with private information about one email address, can you see it please?
    Lopsum
    Lopsum

Post by Lopsum 20/11/2020, 16:07

ok got it, i will suggest it to them to check spam!
    thanks!
    Lopsum
    Lopsum

Post by Lopsum 20/11/2020, 16:21

Is there anything on the notifications I can do?
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather 20/11/2020, 16:26

For the moment no because:

- It seems to have no error regarding the email address.
    - The preferences regarding notifications by email are enabled.
    - Our system sent the notifications to the email address.

Of course always in the case of "daveiron". I didn't check the other users because of the results for daveiron. So the best thing to do for the moment: check the spam folder + whitelist the sender of the email notification.
    Lopsum
    Lopsum

Post by Lopsum 21/11/2020, 20:57

Daveiron has found his spam folder and the missing emails! So i assume this is the problem for others too though no feedback.
    Mrblue2015 had issues with the forum notifications , i think they said it was "hit and miss" so i take that as meaning sometimes gets them sometimes not.
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather 23/11/2020, 20:26

Hello @Lopsum

Regarding the user "Mrblue2015", I think the problem is the same because the email provider is "hotmail.com" too. So the user should find the emails in the SPAM folder (he has to whitelist the sender in order to avoid this situation).

I find another issue regarding the notifications preferences:

Some admin no longer get all emails/notifications after changing email Notif11
    Lopsum
    Lopsum

Post by Lopsum 23/11/2020, 20:58

the image is for mrblue2015? the email wasnt his concern it was the on site notifications (push/toolbar) which he seems to think miss some not all notifications. Sorry this wasnt clear .
    looks like he should get all but reports notifications by toolbar. I guess we need to know then which ones he hasnt got, i will ask...
    Lopsum
    Lopsum

Post by Lopsum 29/11/2020, 20:05

Thanks for your help Godfather!
    MrBlue has not had any missing notifications since i asked him to note any that were missing!
    setting as solved! cheers!
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki 29/11/2020, 20:48

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Current date/time is 23/9/2024, 03:24