The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP

Anju.Ni
    Anju.Ni

Language : English, Japanese

Solved Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP

Post by Anju.Ni June 3rd 2021, 4:09 pm

For the past 5 months, my forum (Kurumimi.com) has had the Premium package, charged monthly.

For the time being, I wanted to cancel it so I stopped automatic payments on PayPal, that wasn't a problem. I then went to the AP to try it and every time I try, I just get an error screen so I'm sort of at a loss of what to do now.

According to the AP I still have 15 days left of the package, but I don't want to continue paying to renew it.

The Error Screen:

Last edited by Anju.Ni on June 4th 2021, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Neptune-
    Neptune-
    Forumember

Female Posts : 496
    Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

Solved Re: Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP

Post by Neptune- June 3rd 2021, 4:53 pm

Hi,

Of course you have an error because you're trying to cancel something you already canceled. Your forum is trying to cancel something already canceled and it keeps trying since you canceled from the wrong way.

Anju.Ni wrote:I wanted to cancel it so I stopped automatic payments on PayPal, that wasn't a problem.
    That was the problem ! You should have canceled from your admin panel and not from Paypal.
    Anju.Ni
    Anju.Ni

Post by Anju.Ni June 3rd 2021, 6:11 pm

I have doubts that discontinuing auto-payments on Paypal outright cancelled it. I was under the assumption I could stop auto-pay on there, then do it in my AP to actually cancel the package itself.

I think stopping auto-pay only did just that stop automatic charges, but would still mean I would be held to continue paying for that package until/unless it actually is cancelled.

Edit: If I did cancel the wrong way then do I have a way to fix it?
    Neptune-
    Neptune-
    Forumember

Female Posts : 496
    Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

Post by Neptune- June 4th 2021, 1:28 am

If you blocked the payments from Paypal, of course you won't be charged for that package next month.

But since you started auto-pay from your admin panel, you should have stopped it from the same place.

Anju.Ni wrote:If I did cancel the wrong way then do I have a way to fix it?
    You have no way to fix it yourself but :
    - Once package expires, it wont be renewed because Forumotion won't get money from Paypal. So you will return to free package and should be able to pick another package.
    - Pro-admin (from Forumotion head office) should be able to cancel package properly.

-> In any case, as you already paid that monthly package, you will keep all benefits of the premium package till the end. If you paid 15 days ago, you will keep your package for about 15 more days. Package will work for one "month" regardless the fact u canceled it in the middle of the "month".
    Anju.Ni
    Anju.Ni

Post by Anju.Ni June 4th 2021, 1:49 pm

Okay, I understand now. Thanks for explaining it!
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape June 4th 2021, 6:22 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP Left1212Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP Center11Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP Right112
    Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP Ape_b110
    Can't Cancel Automatic Payments through AP Ape1010

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 6:38 pm