The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Can I make 2 member groups, 1 that can send PM and 1 that CAN NOT?

HighFly
    HighFly

Language : Eng

In progress Can I make 2 member groups, 1 that can send PM and 1 that CAN NOT?

Post by HighFly July 25th 2021, 8:26 am

When I go to edit groups, I only see Admins and Mods listed to edit. Is there a way to edit the Member group? If so, is there a way to make it so the entire group can NOT send PMs to anyone?

If that's possible, is it also possible to add another Member group with identical stats but CAN send PMs?

Basically I want all new members to NOT be able to send a PM by default, but once they're trusted I will move them to the Member group that can send them.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

In progress Re: Can I make 2 member groups, 1 that can send PM and 1 that CAN NOT?

Post by SLGray July 25th 2021, 8:37 am

You can create more groups if you want.  Just click the green create button.

For the PM's, there is no option for specific groups.   It is all or none.  You can remove it from individual members.

Can I make 2 member groups, 1 that can send PM and 1 that CAN NOT? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    HighFly
    HighFly

In progress Re: Can I make 2 member groups, 1 that can send PM and 1 that CAN NOT?

Post by HighFly July 25th 2021, 8:47 am

Thanks for the info. Do you guys take requests? Can I make an official request for something like what I'm talking about, that basically would put a safety net stopping default new members from sending a PM but allowing a "trusted" member group to send them?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 25th 2021, 8:52 am

You could have it where you have to have a certain number of posts before you can use the PM system.

https://help.forumotion.com/f30-suggestions-for-your-forums

HighFly
    HighFly

Post by HighFly July 25th 2021, 12:35 pm

Ok I'm just about done with the forum but wondering where I handle the Ads permissions re:if I want to approve new classified ads or if they just go up automatically? I'd like to make sure they go up automatically, but right now it appears there's a "pending" section I assume means I need to approve them until I change a setting somewhere? Thanks for the prompt replies and help.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki July 25th 2021, 1:03 pm

Hello

If you have questions not related to your original thread then please open a new topic
    If this is complete you can mark it as solved

Thank you

skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki July 26th 2021, 7:43 am

Is this solved?

HighFly
    HighFly

Post by HighFly July 26th 2021, 7:51 am

skouliki wrote:Is this solved?

Not necessarily, as I'd be open to other suggestions to solve the original problem. Can something be done (or added) where that feature about stopping a single user from sending a PM can be reversed, so that it's already set that way for all new members until I toggle the individual user to have PM permission? I realize that's more work than the group idea I had, but I'd still be willing to do that for each user... or any other suggestions? For instance can the "post limit before sending a PM" be made to only apply to certain users? Any way of basically accomplishing what I was asking, I'd be willing to try out.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray July 26th 2021, 10:39 am

There is no default way.  There might be a way by using a code.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 3:29 am