The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address

PeterStiers
    PeterStiers

Language : English

Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Empty Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address

Post by PeterStiers Wed 13 Oct - 16:54

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Other
    Who the problem concerns : Yourself
    When the problem appeared : When creating a new forum
    Forum link : https://um-3012-action.forumotion.com/

Description of problem

I want to create a new forum related to a completely different topic with its own URL, using the same ID and e-mail address that I used for my current forum. I can't seem to find out how to do that. If a create a new forum, I get the error message that the e-mail address is already in use by another user.
    Thanks for your help.
    Peter
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Empty Re: Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address

Post by The Godfather Wed 13 Oct - 17:02

Hello,

It is not possible on Forumotion to create several forums with the same e-mail address.

Last edited by The Godfather on Thu 14 Oct - 12:22; edited 1 time in total

TonnyKamper likes this post

Jucarese
    Jucarese
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2539
    Language : spanish

Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Empty Re: Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address

Post by Jucarese Wed 13 Oct - 21:57

You can change the mail from your forum for another from the foundation tools, and then create another with that email.

https://www.forumotion.com/login

Last edited by jucarese on Thu 14 Oct - 11:46; edited 1 time in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19327
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Wed 13 Oct - 22:27

it is not safe to make more then one forum with the same Email address.
    Reason: When you make a for your email is part of the tools we use to keep your account safe.
    Forums have the Email address for backup's and if something was to go wrong like you lost your password or your account got hacked then you would have to give us the Email address to do any backups and to restore your forum now if you use the same Email address then the tools would not work.

My advice is if you want more then one forum you should make new Emails up for each forum and keep them in a safe pace along with your passwords.

Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Left1212Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Center11Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Right112
    Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Ape_b110
    Creating two (or more) forums with the saem e-mail address Ape1010

TonnyKamper likes this post

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep - 20:23