The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Forum questions

Gorotsuki
    Gorotsuki

Language : English

Solved Forum questions

Post by Gorotsuki April 13th 2022, 6:40 pm

So the founder and only person with access to the admin panel has pretty much disappeared without any word. I've read over the faq for changing the founder and had the question that what needs to be done if we don't have any admins? we may have a moderator but in name only as far as i know as he has no forum powers. we were hoping to regain access to the admin panel so we can continue to run the site. any help in this matter is greatly appreciated

forum url: https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com/

Last edited by Gorotsuki on April 24th 2022, 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Solved Re: Forum questions

Post by Ape April 13th 2022, 9:14 pm

Hello @Gorotsuki and welcome Shake to the English support forum.
    please read the following topic.
    https://help.forumotion.com/t81878-recovery-or-change-founder-of-an-account
    You should take more notice of case 2 and 3

If the founder has been away for six months and one day then you could ask the mod to take over the founders account or you could do it your self.

Regards.

Ape

Forum questions Left1212Forum questions Center11Forum questions Right112
    Forum questions Ape_b110
    Forum questions Ape1010

Magmax likes this post

Gorotsuki
    Gorotsuki

Post by Gorotsuki April 15th 2022, 10:23 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Ape. I appreciate the link as well, however one question comes to mind is the written consent from an admin or mod, would this be in an official sense i.e. an account with the title or would in name mods be included? Then the last question would be if everything has to be in an official capacity would there be any issues if there is no official admins or mods i.e. would there be any set backs due to this?

Also a bit of info i was an admin at one point in time (stepped down due to life at the time) however i am still the admin of our discord, while i feel like its a reach however would this count as "part of the administration"?

Last edited by Gorotsuki on April 15th 2022, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info added)

Ape likes this post

Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape April 15th 2022, 11:50 pm

all you would need to do is make a topic on the main forum open to guests.

The topic would be asking the other members of the forum if they mind you taking over the forum.
    The members would then post yes or no to your post and the reason for the no part of it.
    You would then send this URL of that post / topic to us by Pm only along with some info we would ask for.

Now we would not know if you was staff on that forum before or not but that don't really matter as long as you have been a member on the forum for say 6 months or more then we would be ok to help you.
    some people come in asking to take over a forum but only just made an account so we would not help them.

So to be clear of what you would need to do.

1, URL of the forum,
    2, Make sure the founder has been away for six months and one day or more. (screen shot of founders account if you can get it)
    3, Make a topic that can be seen by a guest / US asking to take over the forum as founder,
    4, send us the URL of the post you have made asking to take over the forum.
    5, A week later send a PM with all the above to me or one of the team here, (This must be in a PM not in public view of the forum.)

We will then ask you to send us a NEW Email address never used on any Forumotion forum before.

Then we would send this off to our head office and they would then make sure all is how you say it is then make the change.

We may ask you for a link to your own profile account aswell.

That is all is needed.

Now if the forum is not used at all and no one makes a post we would still ask you to make the post in your account name.
    If no reply then we would just make sure no one has used the forum in that week.

Forum questions Ape_b110
    Forum questions Ape1010

skouliki, TonnyKamper and Magmax like this post

Gorotsuki
    Gorotsuki

Post by Gorotsuki April 24th 2022, 10:26 pm

Sorry for the late reply, got caught up in work. Anyhow, I appreciate the information you've passed my way.

Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape April 24th 2022, 10:43 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Forum questions Ape_b110