The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

modearator can edit the admin post ??????

2 posters

Go down

modearator can edit the admin post ?????? Empty modearator can edit the admin post ??????

Post by msalah17 Wed Apr 23 2008, 18:56

hi all
just i noticed that the moderator can edit the admin posts if they have the ability to moderate in the forum , but i think they should be able just to edit the user topic and shouldn't be able to edit any other moderator or admin posts.

isnt it ??
msalah17

Language : english

Back to top Go down

modearator can edit the admin post ?????? Empty Re: modearator can edit the admin post ??????

Post by zakir321 Thu Apr 24 2008, 03:17

To my knowledge this can't be changed. Anyway, I think you as Admin should only give moderator rights to people you can trust. Then you wouldn't have to bother with this kind of question. Wink
zakir321

Back to top Go down

modearator can edit the admin post ?????? Empty Re: modearator can edit the admin post ??????

Post by msalah17 Thu Apr 24 2008, 08:50

hi ...
and thanks for quick replay ..

about the ability , yes the moderator if they able to modify , yes they can even modify the admin posts , and thats is not make a sense because its like hierarchy of administration

in any forum if admin post no one will change its post , if moderator post just the admins can modify , if user posts , the admin and the moderator can modify

thats what is the variety of the privilege..
msalah17

Back to top Go down

Post by msalah17 Thu Apr 24 2008, 10:54

Then you wouldn't have to bother with this kind of question. Wink

do you see the question as bothering ??

i think you are moderator here to bother your self with our questions

isn't it ??

if not plz don't bother your self in answering , and let another one not bothering from our questions to answer

salut
msalah17

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 Thu Apr 24 2008, 18:03

Well, maybe I have formulated my response a little unfeliciously, but I haven't said it's bothering me to answer - the opposite is the case actually. I was trying to say that if you choose moderators yourself that you can trust, it wouldn't matter if they could edit your post or not.

On the technical site, as said, to my knowledge it's not possible to change this.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by msalah17 Fri Apr 25 2008, 00:28

no worries .... its ok

and am sorry for misunderstanding.

cheers
msalah17

Back to top Go down