The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are private threads or galleries for over 18's allowed?

2 posters

Go down

Are private threads or galleries for over 18's allowed? Empty Are private threads or galleries for over 18's allowed?

Post by nicole April 24th 2008, 4:23 am

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this question, so I apologise if it's not.

I run a cake decorating forum, and sometimes people make cakes in the form of human body parts, that some people might take offense to (if you get my drift). I wanted to know that if I create a closed gallery or forum category that only people who knew what they would be viewing could join (further ensuring they were over 18) would this be OK? Or would it be a violation of your terms of service? I certainly don't want to have the forum accidently closed down!

I appreciate any advice you can give me on this matter.
nicole

Female Posts : 18
Language : English

http://www.cakedec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Are private threads or galleries for over 18's allowed? Empty Re: Are private threads or galleries for over 18's allowed?

Post by zakir321 April 24th 2008, 4:58 pm

Well, my personal opinion: I don't think it would contradict the Forumotion TOS, at least I don't see a violation. And if you have a specific, closed sections for this kind of images, it's even better. In case someone still feels offended and reports it, you would not loose your entire forum because of this. Immediate deletion of boards will be imposed only in severe cases.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Are private threads or galleries for over 18's allowed? Empty Re: Are private threads or galleries for over 18's allowed?

Post by nicole April 25th 2008, 3:08 am

Thank you so much! That's great news. I suppose for us it's only cake! But for others it may be seen as risque! Very Happy

Thanks again.
nicole

Female Posts : 18
Language : English

http://www.cakedec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down