The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When i select a person to be a moderator, They get booted ..

3 posters

Go down

When i select a person to be a moderator, They get booted .. Empty When i select a person to be a moderator, They get booted ..

Post by Rioghal April 26th 2008, 2:45 pm

Hi, as you see this is my first support question.

No matter what i do to make this person a moderator on my forum, As soon as i giver her mod rights, This person gets booted from my forum and then is unable to sign back in again.

As soon as i remove the mod rights she is able to sign back in again without any issues.

I have had her son sign in.. in a new name.. and the same thing happens to him.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance Very Happy
Rioghal
Rioghal
Forumember

Language : English, Gaelic, Japanese

Back to top Go down

When i select a person to be a moderator, They get booted .. Empty Re: When i select a person to be a moderator, They get booted ..

Post by zakir321 April 26th 2008, 4:25 pm

Sounds pretty unusual. Could you probably post the exact wording of the error message she gets when trying to login as moderator. Probably also clearing the cache could help...

How do you actually make this person moderator? "users & groups / users / *user* / permissions"?
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

When i select a person to be a moderator, They get booted .. Empty Re: When i select a person to be a moderator, They get booted ..

Post by Rioghal April 26th 2008, 5:44 pm

Hi Sunny_D

Thanks for your reply.

I have just asked her and she says she gets no error message as such, It just sends her back to the log in page, Nothing to say log in was wrong or anything like that. Im totally lost by it, to say the least.

I have added her to 'Mods' by firstly creating a mod group and adding her to the group. If then asked to log out, She is unable to log back in. One other person i made a mod at the same time in the same way has worked fine.

Whilst trying to diagnose this problem I also tried 'Not' adding her to the mod group but went via "users & groups / users / *user* / permissions" and ticking the 'Is Moderator' for each forum.

On both occasions she would not be able to log back in after logging out. No message to say what the problem is or anything to give you a hint as to what has gone wrong.

Whenever the Mod facility is removed and she is put back to just a standard member she can then log in again with no hassle.

Thanks for your help.

If you require anymore information, Please let me know.
Rioghal
Rioghal
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by bootcoot April 26th 2008, 7:05 pm

this is exactly the same problem one of my moderators has had, my post about it is here. i still had no real answer to the problem but it has cured itself for the time being......

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/member-keeps-getting-logged-out-t16471.htm#88471

update* its happening to another one of my new mods now.......
bootcoot
bootcoot
Forumember

Female Posts : 83

http://www.clubpenguinchat.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rioghal April 28th 2008, 12:15 pm

This is still happening .. Im still unable to promote this person to moderator because when I do she is unable to log in.

For a testI got her son to create an account in his name and is fine when just a normal user, no problems at all, But when i give him moderator rights he too is then unable to log back in. I made one other person a moderator at the same time didnt have any issues.

So I'm looking at it being an issue with her computer..

Could it be something to do with her security settings? But how would giving her moderator rights effect her computers security?

Any of you guys got any ideas
Rioghal
Rioghal
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by bootcoot April 28th 2008, 12:49 pm

its most peculiar.......

my members/mods seem to be able to access my forum now, no problems. doesnt seem to happen all the time. (its not a cache problem, we went through that already).
bootcoot
bootcoot
Forumember

Female Posts : 83

http://www.clubpenguinchat.biz

Back to top Go down