The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get a great looking forum!

2 posters

Go down

How to get a great looking forum! Empty How to get a great looking forum!

Post by lillulu May 8th 2008, 5:37 am

Do y ou have any suggestions on making a great looking forum?Is there an example of one that impresses you?
I need to also work on my marquee half of the affiliates or squished.http://soapdreams.go-board.com/portal.htm

Any suggestions?Thank you.
lillulu
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How to get a great looking forum! Empty Re: How to get a great looking forum!

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN May 8th 2008, 6:41 am

Hello lillulu,

For me, layout and organization are the most important factors when it comes to maintaining a forum. Once you have this accomplished, cosmetics come second.

For your forum, you obviously need to work on your portal module layout (placement and appropriate sizing). If you only want two columns in your portal, I would decrease the width of your forum. That way there isn't a gaping hole anywhere. I would also recommend adding the 'Top Posters' module and having an active poll running.

An attractive header logo is also an important element to have on any website; as it will compliment your entire project. If you do decrease the width of your forum, I would install a different background. Most websites have backgrounds that tile like yours; however they are designed to hide the tiling effect.

Caihlem gathered a list of 'tricks & tips' here.

You can also visit the Forum Promotion section to gather some ideas. Website administrators should be contacted if you're going to use any of their images, content, etc.

These are just some immediate suggestions that come to mind. The most important thing is that you're happy with what you do.

Edit: I noticed that you have changed the background and logo. It's starting to look better. Wink
NOBLE CANADIAN
NOBLE CANADIAN
Forumember

Male Posts : 176
Language : English

http://tdmclan.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

How to get a great looking forum! Empty Re: How to get a great looking forum!

Post by lillulu May 8th 2008, 6:12 pm

Thank you.I will work on these. Very Happy
lillulu
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down