The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ questions, Age change when registering

2 posters

Go down

FAQ questions, Age change when registering Empty FAQ questions, Age change when registering

Post by Hurdy May 21st 2008, 12:25 pm

Is it possible to increase FAQ questions and change age, when registering to forum, from 13 to 18 "I agree with rules and i am over 13 years old"
If yes, then how?

Thank you for your time Smile
Hurdy

Language : English

Back to top Go down

FAQ questions, Age change when registering Empty Re: FAQ questions, Age change when registering

Post by zakir321 May 21st 2008, 3:19 pm

You can add more FAQ questions at "General / Rules & FAQ / FAQ".

For the age restriction, go to "Users & GRoups / User SEttings" and set "allow birthday management" to YES and set a minimum and maximum age for your users. Now head over to "General / Config / Profiles" and mark the box "force users to submit a birthday". Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

FAQ questions, Age change when registering Empty Re: FAQ questions, Age change when registering

Post by Hurdy May 21st 2008, 4:10 pm

About age restriction- did your advice, but still the age on the button has not changed and still anyone can register under 18! tried it by myself. probably some time is required to make these changes, don't know

About FAQ, i meant if i can add more than 20 questions? About 60 or so!
Hurdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurdy June 2nd 2008, 3:00 pm

Age restriction is still a problem!
it does not matter if i set minimum age to 18 or 21 or other number, it still allows registering under that age i set in administration panel!
and the button still shows- i agree with the rules and i am over 13- NOT 18
Hurdy

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 2nd 2008, 7:47 pm

About the FAQ. Well, can't recall the exact limit now, but once it's reached, you can't add more topics there - it can't be increased. Probably you could merge some of them?

The age restriction works perfectly fine for me. I have tested it on my test board now. I have entered a minimum age of 18 and a max of 999. Be sure you have set the profile option I mentioned above as well. After the password confirmation you will be promted with a message "you can't register at this board" if you are below the minimum age.

If it still doesn't work, please post your forum adress and what you have written as min/max in your admin panel, so I could register in order to test your settings.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurdy June 5th 2008, 4:24 pm

heh, i tried it now, it works fine now, but is there any possibility to change number 13 to number 18??
FAQ questions, Age change when registering 94473793sc3.th

or i should manually write that registering in this forum is allowed to persons who are over 18?
Hurdy

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 5th 2008, 7:01 pm

Hm... in the english language version you don't have the additional age info in that button, just "I agree to these terms". Anyway, to change this I guess you'd have to buy template editing, but probably it's better to just add this information to the general rules, so it appears as text above this button. Add your custom rules in "General / Rules & FAQ / Rules".
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurdy June 6th 2008, 11:02 am

ok, thnx Smile
Hurdy

Back to top Go down