The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It banned me instead of someone else!

+3
simoiu
dp
kots
7 posters

Go down

It banned me instead of someone else! Empty It banned me instead of someone else!

Post by kots May 28th 2008, 9:29 am

Hi everyone,

I was routinely banning someone in my forum this morning, and it has banned me instead for some reason.

This is really bad, I am the only Administrator in my forum, so the whole thing is useless until I can get back on.

Please help me!

~kots
kots

Language : English

Back to top Go down

It banned me instead of someone else! Empty Re: It banned me instead of someone else!

Post by dp May 28th 2008, 12:33 pm

Does it say something like this:
Critical Information
Forumember

Male Posts : 169
Language : English, French,Spanish, German and Russian

Back to top Go down

It banned me instead of someone else! Empty Re: It banned me instead of someone else!

Post by kots May 28th 2008, 12:40 pm

yeah, it was when i was banning another member, it just came up that i was banned as well!
kots

Back to top Go down

Post by dp May 28th 2008, 12:49 pm

That happened to me aswell. It's stopped happening now.
How long did you ban the member for?
dp
dp
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by simoiu May 28th 2008, 12:49 pm

go admin pannel=>users&groups=>users=>choise users and now scroll down and when he said User is active : Yes Wink
simoiu
Forumember

Male Posts : 67
Language : romanian,english

http://cod4mw.super-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kots May 28th 2008, 12:55 pm

simoiu wrote:go admin pannel=>users&groups=>users=>choise users and now scroll down and when he said User is active : Yes Wink

there's a problem with that, i can't get on the site at all, from either of my pc's, and i think i banned it for a while.
kots

Back to top Go down

Post by dp May 28th 2008, 1:02 pm

When the ban stops, you will be able to go on after that. I don't know how to solve it, all I know that it needs a technician so maybe as a moderator passes bythey might move it
dp
dp
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariko21 May 28th 2008, 1:41 pm

kots wrote:This is really bad, I am the only Administrator in my forum, so the whole thing is useless until I can get back on.

but... the founder administrator cannot be banned.... how is that possible? :|
Mariko21
Mariko21
Forumember

Female Posts : 94
Language : romanian

http://www.zooz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kots May 28th 2008, 1:45 pm

no idea, it must've banned my IP or something, i tried with both computers, but one connects through the other, so that might by why.
kots

Back to top Go down

Post by ladycazzeh May 28th 2008, 2:42 pm

Have you tried rebooting your modem and pc at the same time. Depending on what your ISP is, it may change the IP address. Either that, or google for a proxy site and use a proxy to access it to remove the ban, assuming however, that the ban is just an IP ban and not your actual account.
ladycazzeh

Female Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by nimiel May 28th 2008, 2:44 pm

hmm.. this is strange, maybe u banned your IP address, go to an internet cafe or take the risk to use a public proxy.
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519
Language : english

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kots May 28th 2008, 3:23 pm

woo! i'm not banned any more, i used a proxy site like ladycazzeh said, and now it works fine.

thanks everyone for helping me!
kots

Back to top Go down

Post by Luka_08 May 28th 2008, 4:08 pm

kots wrote:
simoiu wrote:go admin pannel=>users&groups=>users=>choise users and now scroll down and when he said User is active : Yes Wink

there's a problem with that, i can't get on the site at all, from either of my pc's, and i think i banned it for a while.

i think you can enter admin panel with utils even you are banned, try this--> https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/
Luka_08
Luka_08
Forumember

Male Posts : 553
Language : hrvatski, engleski, talijanski, njemački, latinski, srpski, bosanski, i svašta nešta

http://math-forum.org/index.htm

Back to top Go down