Max length of post and sig option? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Max length of post and sig option?

nish81

Language : English

Max length of post and sig option? Empty Max length of post and sig option?

Post by nish81 May 30th 2008, 7:39 pm

hi Smile

I'd like to change the maximum length of a post, and of a signature. i'm sure there must be options to do this, i just dont know where to find them Smile

help is appreciated! thanks

- nish
    Luky
    Luky
    Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
    Language : Romanian, English

Max length of post and sig option? Empty Re: Max length of post and sig option?

Post by Luky May 30th 2008, 9:39 pm

Sorry but you can't change the maximum size of a post or of a signature.You should read this topic to see some limits
    ^Glyndwr^
    ^Glyndwr^
    Forumember

Male Posts : 124

Post by ^Glyndwr^ May 31st 2008, 9:20 pm

Messages of the forum:
    Gizmo wrote:
    The basic capacity for all the forums is 8 million messages, it can be increased to 4 billion if you exceed it...

Subjects of the forum:
    Gizmo wrote:
    The basic capacity for the subjects is 65 000, which can be increased to 8 million... then to 4 billion...

These apply to the NUMBER of Messages and Subjects. There is no reference to how LONG a post message can be.
    I am having the same problem with entering an Instruction message in a post. I keep getting the 'Post message is too long' so I am having to put my message into two posts, one after the other. It does not look neat and tidy for others to read.
    This is the first forum I have used that limits the length of a post message.
    Can something be done to increase the Message length?
    zakir321

Language : english

Post by zakir321 June 1st 2008, 5:01 pm

The maximum amount of characters within a post is limited to something around 16000. This value can't be changed. Smile
    ^Glyndwr^
    ^Glyndwr^
    Forumember

Male Posts : 124

Post by ^Glyndwr^ June 1st 2008, 5:08 pm

Thank you for the reply.
    Seems a pity that I am going to have to split some posts into more than one post to get the information all in. Crying or Very sad