The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I add text to the top of each forum?

4 posters

Go down

How do I add text to the top of each forum? Empty How do I add text to the top of each forum?

Post by Rich Stone May 31st 2008, 8:23 pm

I want to add text to several of the categories in my forum. Here is an example of what I want to achieve:

How do I add text to the top of each forum? Bde7e631

Can anyone help?
Rich Stone
Rich Stone
Forumember

Male Posts : 53
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How do I add text to the top of each forum? Empty Re: How do I add text to the top of each forum?

Post by hellboy999 May 31st 2008, 9:51 pm

i think Administration panel >> General >> Configuration >> Site description

hellboy Hello
hellboy999
hellboy999
Forumember

Male Posts : 764
Language : german,english

Back to top Go down

How do I add text to the top of each forum? Empty Re: How do I add text to the top of each forum?

Post by Rich Stone May 31st 2008, 10:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but that's not it. The site description is the line that appears under the banner and is not category specific. I am looking for a way to put a block of text at the top of certain categories only. In the example above, it is under the 'Technical' section of a car forum and gives advice regarding security issues. However, under general chat the text is left off.
Rich Stone
Rich Stone
Forumember

Male Posts : 53
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by eiyuu June 1st 2008, 5:20 pm

oh I want to know how to do it too Confused
eiyuu
eiyuu
Forumember

Language : english

http://jrock4vn.forump.info/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 9:24 pm

admin > forum > categories and forums > then click on the little cog picture (modify) of which ever forum you which to write in. Then type the text in the description box.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

Post by eiyuu June 2nd 2008, 7:33 am

omg people just don't understand, this is NOT a small line of description under the category's name, it's like a big homepage message box (allow html code) which appears in subforum (category) page instead of homepage
eiyuu
eiyuu
Forumember

http://jrock4vn.forump.info/index.htm

Back to top Go down