The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email Addresses Question

3 posters

Go down

Email Addresses Question Empty Email Addresses Question

Post by krmosaic June 2nd 2008, 4:13 pm

My forum is selective of who we let in. Membership is by referral, special written request, or invitation only. It is requested that when a person registers they also send an email to ____ letting us know how they found the site, who referred them, etc. Well, today someone registered that didn't do that. I was able to trace who it was in a roundabout way, knowing that only certain people and places even have knowledge of the site, but what I would like to do in these cases is be able to send an email to the person requesting that information if it was not provided. The problem is, though somewhere the site has their email address because they used it to register, I cannot find that information. When I view the profile information, it doesn't give me that info. I do get the option to PM the person, but does that really work if they are not yet a member???? Is there a way to find out the email address?? In this case, if I was able to find out the email address before hand I would've instantly known who it was and not had to go through so much to try and figure that out. Just wondering......

krmosaic
krmosaic
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Email Addresses Question Empty Re: Email Addresses Question

Post by krmosaic June 6th 2008, 2:59 am

Does nobody know how to do this?????

krmosaic
krmosaic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link June 6th 2008, 3:19 am

Go to your administration panel- then to Users- their email addresses is in there Wink
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by krmosaic June 8th 2008, 8:44 pm

Not if their account hasn't been activated yet. Sad See, I may want it before I activate them because I may have additional questions for them.
krmosaic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by g7acu June 8th 2008, 8:57 pm

I had a similar issue as someone tried registering with one of my 'invite only' forums.

I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong, but I think I got there email address by going to admin>users & groups>users>inactive users, which lists all registrants that haven't been fully authorised - their email address should appear there.
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down