The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with purchasing a domain

5 posters

Go down

Problem with purchasing a domain Empty Problem with purchasing a domain

Post by 4779jjc June 4th 2008, 2:36 pm

Hi,

I have purchased extra points to purchase a domain via Forumotions.
But i am unable to go ahead with the purchasing domain via the Admin panel due to me previously using another personalised link which was purchased from another company. This link was removed via the control panel on that side correctly. But via the Admin panel here, it's still showing that i have a customised domain and preventing me form buying a domain with my points that i had purchased. Can someone in charge of this part of things help me out please. If one could send me a message hopefully asap. Then i shall forward my forum address on.

All the best
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Female Posts : 72
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Problem with purchasing a domain Empty Re: Problem with purchasing a domain

Post by zakir321 June 4th 2008, 4:14 pm

Have you tried already to remove the old domain name from "General / Forum adress" (scroll down to the personalized domain field)?
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 4th 2008, 4:49 pm

Hi Sunny,

It's still saying, "Your domain name mydomain.co.uk is already a customized domain name." via the Forumotion Admin Panel. The option of removing is not there (advanced panel) other than "Force the redirection of the URL :" where i selected the No option.

Despite myself stopping and removing the redirection option from my other Domain control panel.

The purchasing of points etc went through smoothly, and i can use them to purchase other extras but not the domain unfortunately.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 5th 2008, 3:31 pm

Hello again,

Still no change on this side in regards to me being able to go through with purchasing the domain.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 6th 2008, 11:15 am

Hi,

Again no response. Can someone please see to this matter or refund me back my money please.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 6th 2008, 5:18 pm

Come on guys, surely someone can be of help in regards to this.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 7th 2008, 12:05 pm

Again, still no joy. So could some at least have the decency to refund me the money back please.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 7th 2008, 3:29 pm

Still waiting and becoming quite tired of this now.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 7th 2008, 4:38 pm

I'm really sorry that I can't do anything at the moment. Our techy wasn't available this week - he will be back on Mondays. I know how that may sound to you now, but that's all I can offer.

If you have deleted everything thoroughly in "Misc / Spend Credits / Domain Name" and in "General / Forum Adress", I can't give further advice, I'm afraid.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 7th 2008, 6:58 pm

Hi, Many Thanks for the reply but it seems that you haven't read my topic correctly. I have done all correctly and as stated. What you have done is suggest that i do what i have already done which i stated in the first place Laughing

All i want to do is spend the points that i have paid for, to buy a domain to add to the site. Rather than the personalised one i added, then i removed days ago via the other domain host. To make way for a lovely .com. But it's not happening via the forumotions panel preventing, myself from going ahead to use my points that i paid for, to buy the domain that is available.

I'm grateful for the free forum and stuff but as you can imagine, if i'm paying money the support should be somewhat better don't you think and not having to wait days for a reply that is of no great help or with no reply at all.

So i would rather that my money was refunded in full. thumleft

Not just that but to add that this is supposed to be an English support site. Now either i'm missing something here or some people are rather dyslexic? lol!
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 9th 2008, 4:28 pm

Still waiting.........

Can i have my money refunded in full. As i am STILL unable to use the points i purchased to buy what i wish for. The support in regards to it also is simply appalling as nothing has been done therefore i would prefer to take my money ect elsewhere.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow June 10th 2008, 9:40 am

Hello,

Really sorry for the delay as I haven't been fully operational and available last week, I'm back now.
Could you please provide your forum address so I can fix the issue directly?

Thanks very much!
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 14th 2008, 2:26 pm

Hy Typlo,

Thank you for taking the time to help.
But i would prefer to have my money back instead please, i shall forward my forum address shortly.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 19th 2008, 9:12 pm

Well i'm quite shocked in regards to the fact that i am not allowed to be refunded back my money.
The whole point of me purchasing the points was to purchase the domain that was available not to have other options enforced upon me. Now the forum will be relatively useless soon as i have built a self funded independent website. As i am sick and tired of the poor support and laziness of certain individuals in the background who are quick enough to take or shall i stay STEAL peoples money but not so quick when one wishes to have their money refunded when a problem arises.

Another thing i would like to add is the whole waiting for the technicians to get things done etc....

It took me TWO days to get my website up and running including the installation of some rather dashing modules etc. Which makes all those that say how very hard it is to build a database and forum from scratch look rather stupid. (behind forumotion)

I will see to it that i do my best in order to spread the word in regards to the misleading and deceitful people in the back ground that you are Wink

Forumotion, you are all a bunch of scunthorpes thumright
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodaggit23 June 19th 2008, 10:01 pm

4779jjc wrote:Forumotion, you are all a bunch of scunthorpes thumright

confused
Code:
Scunthorpe is a town within North Lincolnshire, England.

Laughing Laughing Laughing It sounds terribly funny, but makes no sense.
Bodaggit23
Bodaggit23
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 19th 2008, 11:26 pm

Break down the words mate Very Happy
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 19th 2008, 11:57 pm

4779jjc wrote:Well i'm quite shocked in regards to the fact that i am not allowed to be refunded back my money.
The whole point of me purchasing the points was to purchase the domain that was available not to have other options enforced upon me. Now the forum will be relatively useless soon as i have built a self funded independent website. As i am sick and tired of the poor support and laziness of certain individuals in the background who are quick enough to take or shall i stay STEAL peoples money but not so quick when one wishes to have their money refunded when a problem arises.

Another thing i would like to add is the whole waiting for the technicians to get things done etc....

It took me TWO days to get my website up and running including the installation of some rather dashing modules etc. Which makes all those that say how very hard it is to build a database and forum from scratch look rather stupid. (behind forumotion)

I will see to it that i do my best in order to spread the word in regards to the misleading and deceitful people in the back ground that you are Wink

Forumotion, you are all a bunch of scunthorpes thumright

You could get your money back, but you would have to go through legal litigation.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 20th 2008, 12:09 am

Which is partly why they are treating thier customers in the manner that they do.

They know deep down that there are some that are unable to go though that very process due to not having the correct funding etc.

Leaving them free to do as they please and steal thier customers money.

It is wrong and the sooner people are aware of Forumotion doing this then the better.

I'll be spreding the word around and opening many eyes beleive me.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodaggit23 June 20th 2008, 6:35 am

Typlo wrote:Hello,
Really sorry for the delay as I haven't been fully operational and available last week, I'm back now.
Could you please provide your forum address so I can fix the issue directly?

Thanks very much!
Well, they offered to fix it, and you refused, so you'd have no case anyway.

Tech was on vacation or such.

Just let them fix it already. Very good
Bodaggit23
Bodaggit23
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc June 20th 2008, 10:42 am

I think your missing the point mate
Read through the topic slowly and with a bit of luck you will get the clear message.

Let me break it up for you...

Purchased points for domain... Unable to do so due to an error in control panel... When help finally arrived and other options were enforced upon me as they were refusing to refund me, i had made my mind up in regards to being a customer of forumotion... Therefore requesting the refund as again, why pay for points when i could not use them at the time for what i had wanted.... Why pay money towards a site etc (previous purchases) when in return the support in the background is appalling... On researching in regards to the domain i found a cheaper, more stable and reliable option instead with very good support... On reading through, taking a step back , experiencing poor support prior to this also in regards to this place it don't half open up your eyes. You start to see a pattern which is rather unsettling... The sooner people see and realise this, the better.

Your all working flat out on a site that you will NEVER own. Why waste your time on doing that when you can look into other reliable and trustworthy options. Surely you will find it more rewarding to actually own your website that you will of built from scratch with great love and care. Not have to worry in regards to when you will receive technical support (if you get it), or if someone gets funny and deletes your forum in retaliation and so on. Why contribute to such a place when you can infact use your contributions to fund something that you will always own and with a more positive and fulfilling outcome.

Not only that but as an independent site, your taken alot more seriously rather than just another random free forum, living with the worry of if and when your forum will come to an end etc...

I could go on.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2008, 2:27 pm

This post is beginning to get ugly I was hoping that it will be informative for the next member who has a simular problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2008, 2:31 pm

4779jjc wrote:Not have to worry in regards to when you will receive technical support

I have been using many other forum hosting sites and NONE give the kind of support that forumotion gets.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by rich_in_millsberry June 20th 2008, 4:27 pm

4779jjc wrote:I think your missing the point mate
Read through the topic slowly and with a bit of luck you will get the clear message.

Let me break it up for you...

Purchased points for domain... Unable to do so due to an error in control panel... When help finally arrived and other options were enforced upon me as they were refusing to refund me, i had made my mind up in regards to being a customer of forumotion... Therefore requesting the refund as again, why pay for points when i could not use them at the time for what i had wanted.... Why pay money towards a site etc (previous purchases) when in return the support in the background is appalling... On researching in regards to the domain i found a cheaper, more stable and reliable option instead with very good support... On reading through, taking a step back , experiencing poor support prior to this also in regards to this place it don't half open up your eyes. You start to see a pattern which is rather unsettling... The sooner people see and realise this, the better.

Your all working flat out on a site that you will NEVER own. Why waste your time on doing that when you can look into other reliable and trustworthy options. Surely you will find it more rewarding to actually own your website that you will of built from scratch with great love and care. Not have to worry in regards to when you will receive technical support (if you get it), or if someone gets funny and deletes your forum in retaliation and so on. Why contribute to such a place when you can infact use your contributions to fund something that you will always own and with a more positive and fulfilling outcome.

Not only that but as an independent site, your taken alot more seriously rather than just another random free forum, living with the worry of if and when your forum will come to an end etc...

I could go on.
where would you go
rich_in_millsberry
rich_in_millsberry
Forumember

Male Posts : 255

http://millsberrymasters50.niceboard.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodaggit23 June 20th 2008, 8:33 pm

4779jjc wrote:I think your missing the point mate
I read every word of your posts, and I see your point completely.

You paid for something that you could not get immediately, so you're
going elsewhere, and leaving your opinion behind. thumleft

I was merely pointing out that you were offered support, and you
chose to refuse it.
Bodaggit23
Bodaggit23
Forumember

Back to top Go down