The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to hide how old we are in profile and....

4 posters

Go down

how to hide how old we are in profile and.... Empty how to hide how old we are in profile and....

Post by Sonia_mi June 21st 2008, 6:50 pm

is it possible to hide how old we are, so it wont be displayed on our mini profiles next to post. and to keep year of birth in our profiles for birthday management option.
thanx
Sonia_mi
Sonia_mi
Forumember

Female Posts : 174
Language : Croatian

Back to top Go down

how to hide how old we are in profile and.... Empty Re: how to hide how old we are in profile and....

Post by Brad38 June 21st 2008, 6:56 pm

Hello there,

I don't believe there in an option to not display birthdays in the mini profile. I think the only way to not show ages is to not enter them when you sign up or tell your members not to enter their ages if they don't want that showing. They can change this information in their own profiles too and just delete their birthday info.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

how to hide how old we are in profile and.... Empty Re: how to hide how old we are in profile and....

Post by Broly Ss10 June 21st 2008, 7:01 pm

If you don't want to display your age, just don't fill in the D/M/Y
Broly Ss10
Broly Ss10
Forumember

Male Posts : 349
Language : English/Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia_mi June 21st 2008, 7:46 pm

thanx, I know that...
i mean, that they can fill the birthday form (D/M/Y) so thay can "stay" into birthday management, to recognise them.. but not to show their age in mini profile (all the time).
i'm wondering will birth.manag. recognise them withouth year inserted.
probably yes Confused
Sonia_mi
Sonia_mi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by deb8er June 23rd 2008, 8:28 am

Yes I would like to know their birthday and not have their age showing on the forum.
It should be a feature.
deb8er

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by deb8er June 23rd 2008, 8:40 am

I just found out that if you go to the profile in the admin section you can delete the year of birth and leave the date of birth and then their age doesn't show up on screen. I wanted this feature as I have students and teachers posting and I wanted to have the ages of the students for records but of course I didn't want the teacher ages!
deb8er

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonia_mi June 23rd 2008, 9:17 am

in admin section??
where??
Wink
Sonia_mi
Sonia_mi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by deb8er June 25th 2008, 5:28 pm

administration/users&groups/
click on each user in turn and delete the year of their birth, save and continue until all the users (that you do not want to display the age of) years of birth are deleted,
Hope this helps! Very Happy
deb8er

Back to top Go down