The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man

+2
ce-hub
scubasteve
6 posters

Go down

Man Empty Man

Post by scubasteve July 2nd 2008, 6:07 pm

Man has endless abilities in this world. We have created the automobile. We designed immense buildings that soar into the heavens! We have related with many different species of animals and made them our "pets".

Man has also created the computer chip. Man has created special wires (and now wireless) that link together to create the internet. The internet bonds man with others across the world, with a simple click of a button!

Man has also obviously realized how to be in-considerate, without compassion, without basic logic as well. As shown on this forum of all forums!

Is there a way to get you moderators and admin's to get OFF your soapbox for now and forever?! Every post I read from you guys, is a smart ass quip making the person who asked the question feel retarded! Not everyone here is as "skilled" as you are, hence why they call this a "Support forum". People have questions, so answer them. I see endless remarks of "this topic is posted in the wrong section..." So move it to the correct area for them instead of locking it and never answering their question!!! Geeeezus effing CHRIST! I know you have the capabilities to do so.

I know I know, your mouse is hovering over the "lock thread" button (if you haven't already clicked it). Hopefully you guys at least read this post.

And I also have a good piece of mind to understand my account is most likely going to be banned here. But I feel I had to put my voice out there and hope maybe after reading this, maybe you all can be a little more subtle and more helpful with your responses to these people who are in need of "support".

I am not trying to be banned from here (my forums were already deleted due to inactivity today and I wouldn't be opposed to coming back and restarting a new one at a later time). I am merely trying attempt to have you see that you need to use a bit more common sense and have some compassion for the users here the need your help.
scubasteve

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Man Empty reply concerning the topic

Post by ce-hub July 2nd 2008, 6:43 pm

i realy understand your concern on how the forum should work, i appreciate the way you said it although we must also consider that since we are all forum makers here and though have enough understanding in main language that used, i might say its already logical to think the way we as a forum of all forum members must and should observe were should we post and what has to be post in order to be organize and well understand, and so as other's would also comply on every help concerning topic, and about the forum staff of forumotion, its already logical to think that they have there own way of dealing with this sort of stuff since they knew that all of forum makers are intelligent and observant Smile

so please lets just understand the whole process its what our learning takes Wink
ce-hub
ce-hub
Forumember

Male Posts : 297
Language : english

http://friendster-network.forumc.biz

Back to top Go down

Man Empty Re: Man

Post by scubasteve July 2nd 2008, 6:53 pm

While that is mostly true, you also have to understand that there are just random random questions that do pop up, that are hard to place in the right section. I would just assume if I cannot find the proper spot, than why not just post it in the General Discussion section? If it's a "general question", why is it in the "wrong spot"?

Also keep in mind, most of the users aren't as educated as you think they are. They are on a free forum site, using a free forum sites tools, etc.. If they are so smart about how to use this site through and through, A) they would own their own forum site and control it all themselves, and B) there wouldn't be a need for this "Support Forum".

Do you not agree?
scubasteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem July 2nd 2008, 7:03 pm

Hi
Lock
Bye

Is this really how we're working? TT
In any case...

I hear you Wink
Why we don't move the topics at fault: We do it once, we'll be expected to do it every time
General Discussions, not General Questions, pretty clear there no? :/

Smart people need support Wink
At the same time you're calling most people here smart AND dumb :/ This is because many (if not most) are able to provide support to other members themselves Wink

The moderation guidelines where written with common sense, and if you look around (like our other support forums in different languages or other support forums from different providers) you'd see that our rules are pretty linient Wink

Also, this is just an example, say you're looking for how to use a feature in the Admin Panel, you go looking in the Problems with the Admin Panel, but since we don't move anything, it's virtually empty, you don't find what you're looking for. You go to the General Discussions to talk about your music tastes, and there you land on "How do I activate Group Colors".
This is not only un-neat, it's unpractical, unproffessional

We try organise this forum as it is to keep it running smoothly Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal786 July 2nd 2008, 7:54 pm

I agree with you Caihlem. There is another section for other problems, therefor they do not have to be posted in the general discussions. I think Forumotion's rules are easy to abide by for those who know how to abide by them.
Yes not everybody is smart but its a bit obvious where to post questions that you dont know where to post.................."Other Problems".
crystal786
crystal786
Forumember

Female Posts : 924

http://www.thesocialgalaxy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex July 2nd 2008, 8:09 pm

if you can read, you can follow the forumotion rules. Presumably if you made a free forum you can. I think the support forum is run fine. Only those whom struggle with english in my opinion have an excuse for posting incorrectly and when that does happen the staff team have always been polite from what i have seen.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 2nd 2008, 10:44 pm

dude, a main rule of support forums is that you have to follow the rules and be POLITE or no one will help you. The staff are doing a fine job. and the reason that staff members do not move them but lock the is so that people can learn a lesson and not just expect the staff to cover up for them by moving it every time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crz'sLady July 3rd 2008, 3:01 pm

As a person who just yesterday had a topic locked for being in the wrong location I feel compelled to add my $.02.

Am I "dumb"? I don't know, possibly. I find the layout of this particular forum a bit confusing. I'm still not 100% sure where I should have asked those questions. I think confused might be a better choice of word to describe me.

In any event, Caihlem did lock the topic, but he also answered my question. I love the staff here at forumotion. If I had the time I'd begin a forum dedicated to singing the praises of Caihelm, Typlo & Co. I think they're marvelous!

Are they somewhat rigid? I think so BUT..........look at the amount of activity this forum sees every day. They need to keep it organized and while I still haven't figured it all out.......I'm new to this forum and only visit sporadically. So I'm all for whatever works for them!

My totally unsolicited advice to scubasteve is to try not to sweat the small stuff!

Stephanie

Last edited by Crz'sLady on July 3rd 2008, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm "knew" Ghastly! Had to be corrected!!!)
Crz'sLady
Crz'sLady

Female Posts : 14

http://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum