The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emails...

+3
MasterEdo
Nazar
Emily
7 posters

Go down

Emails... Empty Emails...

Post by Emily July 10th 2008, 4:11 am

Yeah I am so new to this...and I'm not even sure if I'm aloud to make a topic. So if not real sorry but I was wondering on how you can use one email more than once.
Like on my forum, how my member can have another member with the same email adress....if that makes sense. Smile
Emily

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Emails... Empty Re: Emails...

Post by Nazar July 10th 2008, 5:06 am

Why would you want members to have the same email addresses? scratch
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterEdo July 10th 2008, 5:16 am

I'm pretty sure you can't. Though I think you can block an e-mail address from being used (as to register).
MasterEdo
Forumember

Male Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by mistojen July 10th 2008, 5:24 am

Emily, at my forum, http://timespaceandtherift.bigforumpro.com/index.htm, it doesn't seem to be a problem at all to register a new username with the same email address. Many of my members, myself included, have multiple accounts with the same email, because it's an RPG and we require separate accounts for each character. So, if that's what you're talking about, you should just be able to register a new username with the same email without any problems...

ETA: that wasn't self pimpage although i just realized it looked a bit like it. I just have noticed that there's lots of different forums on her (free-boards, forumotion, etc) and I didn't know if bigforumpro works differently than those.
mistojen
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily July 10th 2008, 7:32 am

Yes its because of RPG and I need to be characters from the show...but it says "Sorry, but that e-mail address is already registered to a user." so it won't let me do that Sad
Emily

Back to top Go down

Post by mistojen July 10th 2008, 7:51 am

Huh. That's weird, I have FOUR with one email at my forum and my other mods (as well as three of our regular users) each have two or three apiece. I'd look into my admin panel and check settings to see if it's something I did inadvertently to allow that, but seeing as how the stupid effing server is STILL down six or seven hours later, I can't. I'd say hang tight and when I CAN get to my forum, I can check the panel settings to see if it's something you can do that way, otherwise, you'll have to have your members create dummy emails for their other characters Confused It's weird that it won't let you, though... scratch

ETA: is your forum still online? Maybe we can PM back and forth and I can try to walk you through what settings to check if it is? I'm no expert, but I have admin at my current forum and was an admin at another phpbb based forum a while back and neither of them ever gave us problems with more than one registration per email address...

ETA 2: My forum is finally back up and I've looked through everything I can think of on my admin panel but I don't see anything that I would've touched to change and allow multiple registrations per email scratch I hope someone else can help you out with it and I'm sorry that I couldn't Sad
mistojen
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by UNiSEL July 10th 2008, 8:52 am

I discovered some tricks about this..
*Some will need it done by you (admin).

Trick #1:
1. User register with their valid email (for the 1st account).
2. Admin change their valid email to invalid one through Admin CP >> Users & Groups >> Search User; (no worry it won't ask for validation). eg: abc @ yahoo.com change to abc1 @ yahoo.com
3. User register their 2nd account with valid email (abc @ yahoo.com) again (since their 1st account's email is now abc1 @ yahoo.com).
4. Admin change back their 1st account email to the valid one.

Trick #2:
1. User will need 2 email accounts. eg: abc1 @ yahoo.com & abc2 @ yahoo.com
2. User will register with abc2 @ yahoo.com
3. Admin change the user's email to abc1 @ yahoo.com
4. Repeat step 2 & 3

Trick #3 (this is the easiest):
1. Create an account with eg: www.cjb.net with abc @ yahoo.com.
2. User can use it to redirect any email sent to * @ abc.cjb.net to their abc @ yahoo.com email
3. User register multiple account with eg: abc @ abc.cjb.net, abc2 @ abc.cjb.net and receive validation in their yahoo email.
UNiSEL
UNiSEL
Forumember

Male Posts : 80
Language : MY; EN

http://www.unisel.forumplatinum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 10th 2008, 10:25 am

Hmm... I do want this feature too!
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Male Posts : 352
Language : English/Spanish

http://www.brolyhq.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily July 10th 2008, 7:15 pm

Thank you all so much. The tricks worked, so thats just what I'm going to do.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me.^^
Emily

Back to top Go down

Post by lb01 July 11th 2008, 1:06 pm

how can i change my e-mail on acount?
lb01

Language : hrvatski

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 11th 2008, 1:28 pm

Go to profile and the change email content will be on that page.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Male Posts : 352
Language : English/Spanish

http://www.brolyhq.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down